Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Wanted - Items for charity auction/raffle
« on: 20/08/2009 at 08:40 »
Dear all,
Unfortuantly I am on the scrounge today but please keep reading.

I am on the comittee of a charitable organisation called SSAFA which stands for the Soldier, Sailor and Airmen Families Association. The organisation helps current and ex members of the armed forces, their families and their dependents. http://www.ssafa.org.uk/

We offer support, health and social service, housing, respite (childrens holidays) and even an adoption service for children who have lost a parent or whos parents can no longer cope.

What is important to remember with SSAFA is that we support the whole entity, not just the member of the armed forces. Also that we support local people to the Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire and Kincardine area as well as having National coverage at a higher level.

Anyway, back to the scrounge. We hold two charity gatherings each year hosted by the Lord Lieutenants of Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire respectivly and we are looking at donations for an auction and raffle to raise money for the local SSAFA branch. I have built a rod which will be going in but I know many of you are fantastic fly dressers or indeed have other talents.

If any of you could spare a few flies, that bottle you have had in the cupboard from last Christmas or anything that would be suitable, we would be delighted to recieve them. Items suitable for an auction will have full credit given to the donater and the events are covered by the P&J and hopefully STV.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, thank you for reading this and I look forward to hearing from some of you,

Many thanks,
Rob

Mike Barrio

Re: Wanted - Items for charity auction/raffle
« Reply #1 on: 20/08/2009 at 08:50 »
Hi Rob
I'll donate a voucher for a boat for the day on Haddo for two anglers :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

Re: Wanted - Items for charity auction/raffle
« Reply #2 on: 20/08/2009 at 10:01 »
Mike, you are an absolute star and a gentleman. Thank you so very very much.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com