Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Orvis Sling-pack thing
« on: 06/08/2009 at 21:33 »
Anyone use one?
Any good?
Can you hang a small wooden net diagonally across the back?

Ben over to you.

Iain

Ben Dixon

Re: Orvis Sling-pack thing
« Reply #1 on: 07/08/2009 at 20:01 »
No idea mate, never seen one.  Let me know when yours turns up :z4

Ben

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 07/08/2009 at 21:31 »
I had a similar thing from Rapala for lures and found that it was pretty good really.....Yes ou can hang a net off them, as long as its hung from the lowest point otherwise it tries to keep pulling the pack around your body.

I thought you had the all singing all dancing chest pack thing?

Iain Goolager

« Reply #3 on: 07/08/2009 at 21:42 »
Hi Rob, :z16

Yes I do have the all singing all dancing Orvis pack BUT I'm always on the lookout for more radical and hip fishing bling that is more in tune with my youthful years.

bo, get down

Iain

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 08/08/2009 at 00:02 »
Hi Rob, :z16

Yes I do have the all singing all dancing Orvis pack BUT I'm always on the lookout for more radical and hip fishing bling that is more in tune with my youthful years.

bo, get down

Iain

Mid life crisis Iain?  Most folk buy a boy racer car :z4

Good luck with the move, give me a shout when you get sorted, we will go catch some fish.

Ben

Mike Livingstone

« Reply #5 on: 08/08/2009 at 11:56 »
Hey Goolager,

I have had one of these sling packs for almost 2 years and think it is great.  Just watch how deep you wade with it on.  It carries a lot of stuff and is easier on the back than a vest.  The only down point can be finding things unless you are very organised but this is the same with most bags.  It easily takes 2 large C&F designs fly boxes, a couple of reels and other usual stuff for fishing.

Hope this helps.

Mike 

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com