Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

adambrain

fishery in Ballater??
« on: 05/08/2009 at 13:19 »
Hi can anyone tell me what the fishing is like at the fishery in Ballater??
cheers.

Barry Robertson

Re: fishery in Ballater??
« Reply #1 on: 05/08/2009 at 19:14 »
If you mean the fishery outside Ballater called Tulloch i think its ok as far as small waters go.
Great we place for the dries and if my memory server me right you can wade as there is alot of shallow water.
 :z18

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 05/08/2009 at 19:20 »
It was very well occupied today, perhaps 20 anglers..several with bent rods, and most wading. I have never bothered fishing it as Loch Vrotichan appeals to me more :) Run by Ballater angling club tickets are available for £7.50 from the country sports shop in the village.

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 07/08/2009 at 14:02 »
I'm guessing we're talking about Tulloch, run by Davy Gill.
Nice wee fishery in a great location bar the main road being right beside it (be wary of traffic with long back-casts on the roadside of the loch....  :shock) which fishes best in the evenings at this time of the year. Good chance of over-wintered trout, typical tactics work but I love fishing it with sedgehogs and bumbles on the top in the evening - great fun.
In summary well worth a vsit  :z16

Hamish  :z3

adambrain

« Reply #4 on: 07/08/2009 at 17:49 »
Cheers guys will give it a bash, im fairly new to all this, are there any bigger lochs around aberdeenshire needin more of a challenge.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 07/08/2009 at 18:19 »
Get down to lintrathen,its fishing its heed aff!
Rising fish all day  :shock
Was there today and another day of awesome sport  :z18

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 07/08/2009 at 21:28 »
Cheers guys will give it a bash, im fairly new to all this, are there any bigger lochs around aberdeenshire needin more of a challenge.

Yes, and many are listed on this site :)

Have a look here.... http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/ at the list on the left...Mike has done much of the hard work for you :) I like Mikes place when I fancy a bit of boat fishing and good company...but i am a solitary old sod, but i also like MidMar as it never seems too busy, has 3 lochs and fishes well with small flies and dries..just what I like.

adambrain

« Reply #7 on: 09/08/2009 at 19:34 »
cheers rob but think you got me wrong, Ive been to most of the places listed on the website but i was looking for some much larger places more natural with browns rather then rainbows.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com