Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Just joined and I would like to share a video taken last week at Lochter which may be of interest to some of you. One fisherman (I dont think he reqires any introduction) demonstrates his retrieve and speaks about his Fly set up used on a floating line to devastating effect on the day. The day was overcast with a strong wind blowing and the fish seemed to be feeding sub surface. Hope to visit other local fisheries and do the same thing for them for free if the video is met with a popular and positive response. Video posted at    

Tam Greenock

Re: Amateur Video Footage/ Trout Fishery N E Scotland
« Reply #1 on: 07/08/2009 at 22:52 »
Perhaps its just me but l dont see the point in a twitchy figure eight retrieve  :cool:

Paul Rankine

« Reply #2 on: 11/08/2009 at 20:59 »
Tam,
        The twitchy retrieve just adds a bit more action to the fly that's all . Sometimes the fish like that , sometimes not.

The video link I watched is not the one described above by jimmymctavish.

I can see the point in this video if there is some instructional point being made in it but there is,nt.

It's just basically an ad for Lochter showing someone catching a trout to some background music.

I,m puzzled by the description. 

Peter McCallum

« Reply #3 on: 12/08/2009 at 10:36 »
Serious lack of protective eye wear on that video. To coin a phrase 'Thats gonnay huv sumbuddies eye oot@ :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com