Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

coopy31

logie syndicate
« on: 27/07/2009 at 22:13 »
hello all,

i was wandering if anyone had info on the logie syndicate at the fishery near crimond ?
it is a old stomping ground of mine and another user on the forum said it is now a syndicate run fishery.
any help would be appreciated.

cheers
scott

Jim Eddie

Re: logie syndicate
« Reply #1 on: 28/07/2009 at 08:16 »
Scott

Not much help i'm afaraid , it was a syndicate but unfortuately the guy who ran it died last year , not sure if its still going. Ask at Dicks sports in the Broch , they may know.

:z18

Jim

Michael Buchan

« Reply #2 on: 28/07/2009 at 11:01 »
The loch is still run as a syndicate.  Les Taylor the building contractor own's it and has recently landscaped it, when his workers are not busy he sends them out.  Loch looks really well you can get the car right round it now.  My granda fishes it two three times a week they are looking for new members.  The fishings excellent all catch and release with barbless hooks mostly rainbows but also a few brookies.  Spent an evening there a couple of weeks ago had 8 for a couple of hours. When you become a member you get a key and just come and go as you please.  Granda is out there today but ill try get the number from him tonight for you to phone. 

Thanks
Michael

Euan123

« Reply #3 on: 29/07/2009 at 18:00 »
I joined today went up and seen Les Taylor and got my permit the contact details are on the gate to the loch, or just go up to mintlaw and see les,

Also had a cast for couple of hours had 2 nice bows and lost a few fine place to fish, but you have to consider the cost and the location to suit you as its not cheap i only joined as it is just 4 mile from me.

Euan.

Dave Mundie

« Reply #4 on: 29/07/2009 at 23:53 »
How cheap is not cheap?

Dave

Euan123

« Reply #5 on: 30/07/2009 at 01:51 »
£250 a year

Dave Mundie

« Reply #6 on: 31/07/2009 at 17:07 »
£250 a year

Well that's not bad if you considers that's for 7 days a week and i presume 52 weeks (Xmas/new year closing) when compaired to the average of £15 for 4 hours, 17 trips out would cost £255.

I know you wouldn't get the variety and experience of other fisheries though.

Dave

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com