Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Butterstone tomorrow
« on: 15/07/2009 at 18:13 »
Hi folks :cool:

We are going to fish Butterstone Loch tomorrow and we only have floating lines with us :z4 

I see from the map that the water is quite deep in the middle, so has anybody that knows the loch got any tips for areas that might fish well with a floater?

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

Re: Butterstone tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: 15/07/2009 at 19:47 »
Mike

The Road Shore has good reed beds , I would think that you would do well close in with floating lines there, also from memory the Butterstone boats do have anchors.

:z18

Jim

Graham Ritchie

« Reply #2 on: 15/07/2009 at 20:40 »
Turn left when you come out of the harbour, it is quite shallow along this shore and I have had a great deal of success there in the past on floating lines and small nymphs/buzzers.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 15/07/2009 at 22:29 »
Thanks guys :z16

Hopefully Adrian can give us a few tips tomorrow morning as well :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 16/07/2009 at 18:37 »

Oh well ........ Doh :z8

Once again, a lovely loch to fish in great surroundings and some Ospreys overhead ..... but we blanked :z
Such is life, it was great to be out on the water with David :z16

Didn't see many fish caught from the approx 10 boats out today to be honest, but it was more than a tad bright for most of the day. We did find a few rising fish in the afternoon close to the shore, but these were very easily spooked, even with the 3wt.

The boats and equipment were all in first class condition (thanks Adrian!) and we opted for an electric outboard this time as I think I did enough rowing for one week at Drummond :z4

I'd certainly like to visit Butterstone again
Best wishes
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 31/07/2009 at 18:34 »
Fished Butterstone today and managed a good few troot all on the midge tip, diawl bachs and the odd blob  :wink
All the fish were caught hard in by the reed beds and it was as if you had to tease them out  :z15
Good fishing anyway and would recomend it if anyone fancied a good day out on nice scenic water  :z18

Paul Rankine

« Reply #6 on: 31/07/2009 at 19:31 »
Hi Baz,
            How's things ?

I notice the "odd blob" cropping up again . :shock

How do you fancy blobbing Lintrathen while you are off ?

Anyone else ?

Paul.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #7 on: 31/07/2009 at 19:43 »
Hi Baz,
            How's things ?

I notice the "odd blob" cropping up again . :shock

How do you fancy blobbing Lintrathen while you are off ?

Anyone else ?

Paul.

I had a comp on lintrathen on friday past and its fishing its heed off, fish every where the now and a great rise to be had at night.
Not so much showing during the day but iam sure you will still get plenty of fish if equipped with the correct blobs!  :z4
Iam game for a day anytime you like  :z15

Noel Kelly

« Reply #8 on: 31/07/2009 at 20:10 »
I would like to join in on this one but free time and blobs are 2 things I have little of at the mo. Lets see what dates ye come up with.

Paul Rankine

« Reply #9 on: 01/08/2009 at 12:27 »
Hi Baz and Noel,
                          I was thinking of striking while the fishin was hot and lookinh at next week , Thursday if I can wheedle the day off ?

Paul.

Noel Kelly

« Reply #10 on: 02/08/2009 at 20:55 »
Thursday is a no for me. Next sat would be my only possible chance and even that might not be possible so as I said earlier work away on a date to suit yourselves and I will see what I can do.   

Barry Robertson

« Reply #11 on: 02/08/2009 at 21:57 »
I think i might be going back offshore this week but would easy manage a day when i get back if any of you fancy it sometime after the 20th of August.

Paul Rankine

« Reply #12 on: 03/08/2009 at 12:14 »
Hi all,
         Ok. I'll start a new thread .
Paul.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #13 on: 10/08/2009 at 19:40 »
Back at Butterstone today, again plenty of troots and again i lost a couple of flees to pike   :mad
Great fighting fish and great top of the water sport  :wink

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com