Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

David Blades

Outcast Fish Cat 10
« on: 14/07/2009 at 20:51 »
Just bought a pontoon boat (pic attached) and wondered how other users are getting them to the water? Trailer perhaps? On the roof? Or simply putting the boat together at the waterside??

Intersted to hear how you transport yours??

Mike Barrio

Re: Outcast Fish Cat 10
« Reply #1 on: 15/07/2009 at 01:03 »
Hi "Blades"
Welcome to the forum :z16

Good question, I only use mine at the fishery and therefore have not tried to transport it anywhere, I guess I'd always use my float tube first. I can't think of anybody locally that owns a pontoon boat that takes it out and about I'm afraid :z6

Already set up and transported on a car roof, back of a sizeable estate car, trailer ...... all sound OK to me, but I don't think I'd fancy the "dismantle/put together again" when you get there route :roll

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 15/07/2009 at 08:18 »
I passed a couple of cars a few days ago that had pontoon boats strapped to the room. One was an inflatable one, but the fronts of the pontoons where bent back in the wind, the other looked like solid hulls and was fine.

David Blades

« Reply #3 on: 15/07/2009 at 09:00 »
Thanks for the info guys!

Have been considering one of these??? There's a short video on the site worth a watch

http://www.easypacker.com/

lenap

« Reply #4 on: 06/10/2009 at 13:33 »
hello blades, i thought i give you some insight to your boat, first, great pick! transport of such a boat would be best by small trailer, or if your car is large enough ,on the roof. to dismantle is a bother that you would not to do too often. you should take advantage of the heavy vinyl tubes and regularly coat them with armorall vinyl treatment, you boat will look like new for years. i just sold my old bucks bag ,bronco float boat after 10 years. i had moved on to the newer dave scadden freestyle tube , no frame 5 tubes and only 14 lbs. if you don,t have a set ,you should get the adjustable force fins, the very best ,period. after i sold my small trailer, using my bronco was getting to be a real hassle. by the way if you do find a small trailer, get the synthetic swimming pool deck matting to cover the surface, its made for water and will be a slick smooth cover for your trailer bed ,and will not scratch your tubes. get some cam lock nylon straps to tye it down. good luck ,pete

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com