Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

paavo

Finally...
« on: 07/07/2009 at 20:26 »
Hi folks
Well, 3 days left.  :cool:
Then we fill up the vehicle with rods, reels, lines, clothes what ever, and leaving for the north.  :z4
Five weeks later we’ll bee back. 
  :z18  //Harri

Jim Eddie

Re: Finally...
« Reply #1 on: 07/07/2009 at 20:42 »
Harri

You are a lucky guy being able to fish for 5 weeks  :z16

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 07/07/2009 at 21:24 »
Great stuff Harri ....... Enjoy :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 07/07/2009 at 21:42 »
Now that,s a fishing holiday. Have a great time and please dont forget the camera :z16 :z15 :z15

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 08/07/2009 at 07:23 »
Yes,

remember the photo's please Harri :z15

paavo

« Reply #5 on: 10/07/2009 at 16:02 »
Of course I’ll bring the camera. Last time we outing, Tweed days, my darling thought that I was worthless as a photographer.  :oops
I´ll have to shoot better this time.  :wink

//Harri

paavo

« Reply #6 on: 19/08/2009 at 19:26 »
Hi all

Four and a half week and 3450 km later we are back home.
We had a great time with, friends, fly fishing, nice food, and good drinks and not to forget - the Nordic light.
Where did the weeks go?  :z8

We arrived to our cottage in sunny weather. The dry and hot weather had been for several weeks and temperature in the river was already +17.
First period of the fishing was quite good, with hatches of small sedges in late evenings/night.
This year we dint see many of the bigger sedges of 20mm.Unfortunately the temperature raised over +20, the large fish stayed deep, witch made the dry fly fishing hard.
In the end of period we had some heavy rain showers with thunder in the afternoons witch made the fishing even worse.
Most of the fishing was C&R except for 4 graylings, witch we wired in foil and made it over coal. I don’t count the perch.
Here are some pics. http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp218/HarriV/Akka/?albumview=slideshow

//Harri

Jim Eddie

« Reply #7 on: 19/08/2009 at 19:39 »
Harri

Thats a great slideshow , some beautiful scenery  :z16 That looks like a really big Grayling   :grin

:z18

Jim

Paul Rankine

« Reply #8 on: 19/08/2009 at 20:03 »
Wow Harri !
                    That's a stunning place . Where were you exactly ?

Some clonking big grayling too. I liked the reindeer meat shot immediately after the picture of the reindeer , did you shoot it ?  :z4

Your wife must take back what she said about you as a photographer  :shock

Lovely pictures, well done mate.

Paul.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 19/08/2009 at 22:40 »
Hi Harri :z16

Great slide show ...... Thanks for sharing!

I'm surprised that your water temperatures reach that high :shock Especially after the winter photos that you posted for us earlier in the year :z4

Lovely fish, beautiful surroundings and good company ...... excellent.

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 20/08/2009 at 08:15 »
Even the Perch looked big!! I hear they are good eating but for me that would be like eating one of my children :)

Thank you for sharing.

paavo

« Reply #11 on: 20/08/2009 at 18:44 »
Wow Harri !
                    That's a stunning place . Where were you exactly ?

Some clonking big grayling too. I liked the reindeer meat shot immediately after the picture of the reindeer , did you shoot it ?  :z4
Paul.

Hi lads,
and thanks for your words.

Paul, the river is Piteälven. ( Piteriver ) Pite after a town at the coast, where the river flows to, (älven) is river. If you want to know more exactly, I can send you a PM.
Na Paul, I didn’t shoot the reindeer. :z4

Hi Harri :z16

I'm surprised that your water temperatures reach that high :shock Especially after the winter photos that you posted for us earlier in the year :z4

Best wishes
Mike

Mike, the temperature used to bee round +12-15 at that time. So I was surprised to.
The river flows from 2 high mountain lakes. The snowdeep up there isn’t what is like where we stay, in the middle reaches. (woodland)  In recent year the snow flood hasn’t been big and it goes fast over.  If the snow flood is small and ex. June and beginning of July is warm and dry and the river flows thru big shallow lakes so they become warm quite quickly. That’s why there been a perch explosion in the lakes, perch love warm water.

Even the Perch looked big!! I hear they are good eating but for me that would be like eating one of my children :)

Thank you for sharing.

Rob, here in Sweden the Perch is very popular to eat. And we do have plenty of them.
Smoked perch with new potatoes, sour cream mixed with chive? (onion)  and a bread, we call it Tunnbröd, witch is common up in north. To drink, a cold lager.  :z18

//Harri

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #12 on: 21/08/2009 at 08:13 »
Rob, here in Sweden the Perch is very popular to eat. And we do have plenty of them.
Smoked perch with new potatoes, sour cream mixed with chive? (onion)  and a bread, we call it Tunnbröd, witch is common up in north. To drink, a cold lager.  :z18

I have a Swedish/Finnish friend who tells me of her trips with her family to there lake side hunting lodge (does everyone in sweden hunt and fish? ;)) to catch Perch and have a family "gathering" around the camp fire eating fish and drinking. Sounds perfect!

Paul Rankine

« Reply #13 on: 21/08/2009 at 12:43 »
Hi Harri,
            Thanks for that.
Paul.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com