Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

sve170

Pitfour ???
« on: 17/06/2009 at 23:17 »
Hi all,
Am new to the forum so go easy on me.
Whats happening with Pitfour, gates are still closed, has the place been sold, need to get back fishing.

cheers
sve170

Mike Barrio

Re: Pitfour ???
« Reply #1 on: 17/06/2009 at 23:25 »
Hi all,
Am new to the forum so go easy on me.
Whats happening with Pitfour, gates are still closed, has the place been sold, need to get back fishing.

cheers
sve170
Hi "sve170"
Welcome to the forum :z16

Yes, Pitfour has been sold and to the best of my knowledge the new owners have no current plans to open the fishery in the near future :z6

Best wishes
Mike

sve170

« Reply #2 on: 17/06/2009 at 23:29 »
Hi Mike
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Thats a pity, lovely fishery, terrific surroundings.....lets hope the new owners will sort something out and get the place reopened.

cheers
sve170

Iain Cameron

« Reply #3 on: 20/06/2009 at 08:04 »
hi all

caught an (old) episode of Paul Young's Hooked on Scotland this week on Shed. He was fishing out at Pitfour. Looked great; it is a shame it has closed.

Incidentally, they caught a smallish rainbow -- the owner, who was fishing with Paul, claimed it was smaller than the stocked ones, and *wondered* if the rainbows hadn't breed. no comment :-)

Then a spot of worming and catching a pretty perch. nice!

cheers
iain

sve170

« Reply #4 on: 20/06/2009 at 23:11 »
Yes, seen that episode as well.
Not sure when it was filmed??....but the place looked great.
What a terrific perch as well, Carp also mentioned, the place looks just like many of the old Carp lakes in southern England  :z19
Noticed that the backwater beyond the bridge looked a lot wider and less bankside vegetation than at present.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 22/06/2009 at 20:34 »
I would guess the Hooked programme was made some time ago , early 90's ?

On the subject of re-opening , there is no gaurantee it will ever open again , the new owners bought the estate , not just the lake. If you spent all that money why would you let the general public use the facility ?

Crimmonmoggate estate was sold some years ago and  the fishery was never re-opened by the new owners.

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 23/06/2009 at 08:09 »
I am hoping the new owners have bought the place as a going concern rather than a residency. Crimmond was a little different in that the loch was part of the "garden" to the house whilst Pitfour, being a hotel..well..I hope it wont be private..or..if it is..I hope I can get a Carp syndicate going ;)

There can't be that manu folk about who can afford to buy a place like that and not expect to make money off it.???

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 23/06/2009 at 08:41 »
There can't be that manu folk about who can afford to buy a place like that and not expect to make money off it.???

Doh! ....... Fisheries don't make money Rob :z4  :z4  :z4

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 23/06/2009 at 12:36 »
Doh! ....... Fisheries don't make money Rob :z4  :z4  :z4

Cheers
Mike

You don't run a fishery. you run a retirement home and coffee shop for the infirm ;)

Have to say though, I cannot understand how some of the trout fisheries survive. ...well..by the amount up for sale..I guess they dont!

Jim Eddie

« Reply #9 on: 23/06/2009 at 13:02 »
I am hoping the new owners have bought the place as a going concern rather than a residency. Crimmond was a little different in that the loch was part of the "garden" to the house whilst Pitfour, being a hotel..well..I hope it wont be private..or..if it is..I hope I can get a Carp syndicate going ;)

Rob

The hotel has not been part of the estate for some time , there is currently a planning application to turn the hotel into flats.

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 23/06/2009 at 15:01 »
Really? I stand corrected..thank you.

In that case...I am going to approach them to see if I can rent the loch and turn it into a theme park ;)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com