Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

clark

Re: Haddo Float Tube Gathering ( Saturday June 20th )
« Reply #15 on: 18/06/2009 at 19:57 »
About the size thirteen waders mate, I had to go for stocking foot waders as i couldnt find any size 13 booted ones. I had to order in size 14 boots from the states  :z10 Thats what happens when you have boats as feet though  :z4 try sommers for some size 13 boots and waders, wont be a pretty price bill but will last ages  :z16 I've had my simms ones for coming on 2 years now and havent had a single tear or rip  :z16

best reagards,
Calum

JohnA

« Reply #16 on: 19/06/2009 at 00:32 »
Thanks Calum, I'll let Jamie know.

See you guys on Saturday  :z18

John

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 21/06/2009 at 01:18 »
Hi folks :cool:

Here are a few photos from today's gathering ........... I should've taken more :oops

Best wishes
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #18 on: 21/06/2009 at 07:55 »
Thanks Mike
for a good day in good company. :z16

Iain

Iain Cameron

« Reply #19 on: 21/06/2009 at 08:09 »
yes, thanks as always to Mike for hosting & hospitality. i had a cracking day out.

i tubed over to the margins at one point to stand up and remove a jacket (it was hot!). Disturbing lots of silt & weed in process. Amazed to see a good-sized 'bow swimming right up to my fins as i stood, hoovering up wee bits of food all around. no fear at all! mike was saying that the fish do this when he's cutting weed -- they've learned to associate that kind of disturbance with easy pickings.

cheers
iain

JohnA

« Reply #20 on: 21/06/2009 at 11:47 »
A big thanks for a fun day  :z16 I really enjoyed it....who could have thought fishing could be any more relaxing. It's just like taking your favourite armchair along  :z4

Thanks for letting me try out the Caddis Iain....I think both that and the sparton( or expedition) would be equally good for me, although I did think the Caddis moved that bit faster. Maybe I was in a more upright position in the Caddis now I think about it.

Did some more searching and found the Caddis II for a good price (I think) in USA. With the conversion as the $ stands just now, the price comes in at £90 delivered and at only 15 lbs packed weight I'll be able to bring that back with me from Florida next month  :z16

And thanks to the other Iain? Sorry I'm crap with names, for the green traffic light buzzer  :z18

And one last thanks to Mike for getting us started in tube fishing...I expected to be thrown a fishing tube and told to get on with it but it was good to be shown around properly and shown how to do things properly.

John

Iain Goolager

« Reply #21 on: 21/06/2009 at 12:05 »
Hi John.
Glad you had a good day & that the trip was worth it - I know it was your first time but I'm sure that you will soon appreciate the opportunities and flexibility that tubing brings to fly-fishing.

Hopefully see you at the next gathering.

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #22 on: 21/06/2009 at 16:37 »
Just to add to what has been said, thanks again Mike.

I'll do a Barbie at the next one weather permitting  :wink

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com