Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Other big and exciting adventures
« on: 07/05/2009 at 12:09 »
Folks,

As some of you know, I've been on detatched duty managing a Coastguard Sector (Moray) for the past few months and sat a promotion board yesterday for 2 posts I had applied for. I'm pleased to say (delighted in fact :!) that I was offered a position this morning and I will - at some point in the near future - be taking up post as Sector Manager for HM Coastguard in Inverness  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Perhaps not quite as dramatic a move as Sandy, who is off to warmer climes, but a significant change none the less with big and exciting times and adventures ahead. All very exciting and (importantly) there'll be an abundance of fishing right on my doorstep  :wink
I won't be deserting the forum, but sadly it does mean that my association with various things Don related will have to come to an end in the coming months.

I will still come down to fish at Haddo and chat with Mr B, I never forget who my friends are  :z3 , and there'll hopefully be a few forum outings or 'grand days out' to come and fish 'up north'  :z18

Hamish  :z3

Jim Eddie

Re: Other big and exciting adventures
« Reply #1 on: 07/05/2009 at 12:53 »
God they are leaving in droves now  :z4 All the best Hamish to you and yours , I'm sure our paths will cross again in the future.

:z18

Jim

Irvine Ross

« Reply #2 on: 07/05/2009 at 13:23 »
Congratulations Hamish :z18

I'm sure you deserve your promotion and the best of luck in your new post. I only hope someone else is willing to take up the gap you will leave in the Don Brown Trout Protection Association.

You can prospect locations for a forum outing around the tropical Moray Firth :z16 Got to be warmer that it is here today.

Cheers

Irvine

Peter McCallum

« Reply #3 on: 07/05/2009 at 14:14 »
Well done big man, yeah maybe not as far as Sandy but a step up nonetheless. You may even be able to fish lochshiel again :z4

Mike Livingstone

« Reply #4 on: 07/05/2009 at 16:34 »
Congrats!

You'll have to get in touch with my old boy and get some fishing on the Loch!

Mike

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: 08/05/2009 at 04:37 »
be taking up post as Sector Manager for HM Coastguard in Inverness  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Very Cool my friend, very cool :z12 I know how much you were wanting the 'Ness job.

A great result all round (well almost :cry)

So you are going North West while I head South East, funny old world :z7 Like a pebble in the pond the ripples move outwards.

Mr B you'll have to stop chucking stones, or teach your fish to rise more quietly :wink

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 08/05/2009 at 08:36 »
Hmmm ..... very poetic Mr Nelson :roll

I know, I'll drain the loch, which will suck you all back to the centre again :cry

Cheers
Mike

Dutchfly

« Reply #7 on: 09/05/2009 at 12:17 »
Congratulations on your promotion, Hamish :z16

Good things happen to good people!

CU

Jeroen

sightbob

« Reply #8 on: 09/05/2009 at 13:46 »
all the best hamish, i'm sure you'll do well.
brian

Noel Kelly

« Reply #9 on: 09/05/2009 at 15:44 »
Congratulations Hamish, I hope it all goes very well for you.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com