Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Folks,
At the Open Day on the Don on 24th of May there will be an auction of donated lots in aid of the River Don Trust. As the lots become available I'll be posting details on various forums of what's available.

The first, and one of the most significant, lots that is on offer is from one of our principal sponsors Orvis.

Orvis have generously provided a ZG Helios 9ft #4wt mid-flex for our auction in aid of the River Don Trust, it will be customised with "River Don Trust 2009". Details of the rod can be found here http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/productchoice.aspx?pf_id=29CYf&dir_id=441&group_id=442&cat_id=9372&subcat_id=9373&scrdr=1 the retail price on this rod is £599. I've used one of these and have to say that it is one of the nicest rods I've ever picked up, incredibly light and an absolute pleasure to fish with.
The auction winner will be getting a super rod :!

I already have an opening bid and can start us off at £260.
I would like to think we might even manage to beat the rrp..... we will see, it's a unique rod.

If you would like to bid on the rod, please send me a PM via the forum (or email me at hamish@riverdon.org.uk) with your name and bid amount.
As the bids come in, I will update the current price.

Cheers

Hamish  :z3

Iain Goolager

Re: River Don Trust auction - Orvis ZG Helios 9ft #4wt
« Reply #1 on: 21/04/2009 at 15:21 »
Hi Hamish,

Bid currently in the airwaves to yourself.

Iain

(£300)

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 22/04/2009 at 23:42 »
Two other bids now in folks.....
........................................... and we're at £300 now  :z16

Hamish 

Iain Goolager

« Reply #3 on: 30/04/2009 at 10:08 »
Hamish,

is it mine yet????
 :roll

Iain

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 02/05/2009 at 08:21 »
Sorry Iain, you'll have to wait to the open day  :wink

But I can say bidding is now at £360

Apologies for delay in update - I've been away in Dorset for a week (again  :roll).

Hamish  :z3

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com