Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Heritage

Casting Faults
« on: 02/04/2009 at 18:54 »
I am sorry if I am breaking any site protocols, delete this post if I am.

I am trying an experiment over on my blog http://michaelheritage.wordpress.com/. It's open for anyone (including Stefan :z4) for anyone to comment on, in fact I am inviting comment and I will add them to the post itself rather than leave them languishing in the comments section.

Don't hold back :z16

Mike

Mike Barrio

Re: Casting Faults
« Reply #1 on: 02/04/2009 at 22:14 »

I am trying an experiment over on my blog http://michaelheritage.wordpress.com/. It's open for anyone (including Stefan :z4) for anyone to comment on, in fact I am inviting comment and I will add them to the post itself rather than leave them languishing in the comments section.

Mike

Hi Mike
Great idea :z16

I have posted your first comment to get the ball rolling ...... but it doesn't feel right :wink How on earth can I try to tell "Mike H" what I think you might be doing wrong, when I can't cast at anywhere near your level :z4  :z4

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 02/04/2009 at 22:20 »

Mike

You nearly hit the jogger with your backcast ?  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Seriously Mike how the feck would we mere mortals be able to comment  :wink

:z18

Jim

Ben Dixon

« Reply #3 on: 02/04/2009 at 23:30 »
Mike,

I dont even need to look, it will be eyebrow related  :z4

Nice site by the way will get a proper look tomorrow, early start tomorrow, going fishing!!

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 02/04/2009 at 23:48 »
Hi Mike :cool:

I've just been back on your site and noticed that the "spot the errors video" is titled "Blog clip 0001" ........ Hmmm, three leading zeros Mike, does this mean you have quite a few errors to sort out :z4  :z4  :z4

Best wishes
Cheeky Mike :z3

Mike Heritage

« Reply #5 on: 03/04/2009 at 09:05 »
I'm sure Ben won't be shy :z4.

Jim, I think you're looking at the wrong clip, that's one of the few casts I got right :grin.

There are a series of faults in 0001 but I think there is one in particular that leads to most of the rest, it's quite subtle and I only spotted it a couple of days ago. Thats enough hints.

I only called it blog clip Mike, either youtube or movie maker decided my casting was so bad that it was going to take four figure's to get them all on film :oops

Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #6 on: 04/04/2009 at 23:12 »
Mike,

The BC tracking is out a bit and the rod is not in plane when you are coming forward at the begining of the delivery cast, it kicks one way then the other.  This what you are looking for?

I really need to get a decent camera, I sure my distance stroke must look interesting since it underwent some higland tinkering  :grin

Got an interesting set up to put into the shootout in May, Helios 910 with a 9wt XS ED, it goes a long long way!!

Ben

Mike Heritage

« Reply #7 on: 05/04/2009 at 18:31 »
Hi Ben,

It's why the rod kicks over that took me a while to spot.

You might be able to launch the Helios combo a long way, I'm not so sure I will be able too :z6

Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 06/04/2009 at 07:43 »
I wouldn't be so sure, if a mere mortal such as I can chuck the outfit Ben's describing a reasonable distance then I'm confident you'll get it to go a smidgen further  :wink

Nice site by the way Mike, video is pretty good too - what you use :?

Hamish  :z3

Mike Heritage

« Reply #9 on: 06/04/2009 at 19:20 »
Casio-FH20 Hamish. It has a couple of useful functions, I can use it for up to 40fps for photo's or use the highspeed film for the slo mo's, I think this is 600fps for up to 40 seconds. You will be surprised at how many casting cycles you can make in 40 secs. It can take over 9 minutes to watch a full 40 sec slo mo burst.

Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com