Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Trout Master

Keeping Line Straight
« on: 14/03/2009 at 17:22 »
Hi is it possible to keep you line nice and straight.  What i mean is when you cast your line out my line is all squiggly lol.  Off it been wrapped around the reel it isnt in a perfect line.  Also can some one recomend a good cleaning liquid for airflo dry line thanks.

ARF!!

Re: Keeping Line Straight
« Reply #1 on: 14/03/2009 at 17:40 »
just give it a good stretching Tye one end off, unreel the rest , take hold of the other end a pull, hold for 10 seconds, relax and pull again hold for 10 sec's, repeat a couple of times and your done :z16, nice straight line lay again.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 14/03/2009 at 18:04 »
Personally i like the wee squiggles as they work as a braw means of detecting suttle takes!

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 14/03/2009 at 20:12 »
Personally i like the wee squiggles as they work as a braw means of detecting subtle takes!

Me too :z16

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 14/03/2009 at 22:16 »
Hi is it possible to keep you line nice and straight.  What i mean is when you cast your line out my line is all squiggly lol.  Off it been wrapped around the reel it isnt in a perfect line.  Also can some one recomend a good cleaning liquid for airflo dry line thanks.

Sorry, I think you'll find that you'll always end up with a few "squiggles" with that particular line and I don't know of a cure I'm afraid.

Washing in mild soap ( not detergent ) is usually the best way to clean fly lines, but I'm not sure which treatment / lubricant is good for those lines? Do airflo do one?

Best wishes
Mike

Peter McCallum

« Reply #5 on: 14/03/2009 at 23:46 »

Personally I would use concentrated sulphuric acid to melt the whole thing then go to haddo and buy a couple of mikes floaters.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com