Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Mundie

Spare geer?
« on: 07/03/2009 at 20:19 »
What do you carry for spares  :?

I was just thinking about it today and realised that i don't carry anything (except leader), if my rod breaks, my real jams fly line get broke its game over for me so i'd better get things sorted so what do you guys carry with you  :?

Dave

Jim Eddie

Re: Spare geer?
« Reply #1 on: 07/03/2009 at 20:40 »
Dave

Apart form the 15 or so Fly rods in the garage , I usually have 3 or four in the car and usually have  aspare rod with me , just in case you understand  :wink

:z18

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 07/03/2009 at 21:00 »
Hmmm the skies the limit for this Dave and it all depends how much you want to hump around  :wink
From lines,reels,flies,rods and ginks etc its not long until you have half a tackle shop with you.
I just like to have a spare of everything as there is nothing worse than ruining a days fishing because you broke or forgot something and have to pack up early :z16

Jim Doyle

« Reply #3 on: 08/03/2009 at 10:18 »
Always got at least one spare rod in the car. as for reels and lines I refuse to say as it looks like I,m suffering from OCD lol.  It gets worse when you start tying flies, for example how many of a pattern should you tie.?   If you tie a couple as sure as fate they are fish killers and you loose them , if you tie 6 they dont catch a thing and youve wasted time .  jim

Dave Mundie

« Reply #4 on: 08/03/2009 at 16:35 »
Dave

Apart form the 15 or so Fly rods in the garage

Jim

Bl***y hell Jim bet the wife don't know about them  :z4 :z4

Jim Eddie

Re: Spare geer? New
« Reply #5 on: 08/03/2009 at 16:45 »
Bl***y hell Jim bet the wife don't know about them  :z4 :z4

Dave

Thats an easy one "why do you have so many fly rods?" reply "why do you have so many pairs of shoes and handbags :z4

sorted  :wink

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com