Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to Feb 23rd )
« on: 23/02/2009 at 20:29 »
Hi folks :cool:

Following another spell of the loch being frozen over, Haddo opened for fishing on Thursday the 19th. The water is still very cold, but the trout have been rising and Damsels, Diawl Bachs, Straggle Fritz Bibios, Hare's Ear Nymphs and Buzzers appear to be on the menu :wink

Neil Garden tempted 16 fish up to 4 lb for his session, Brian Liebenberg netted 14 up to 12 lb, Steven Sinclair 12 up to 5½ lb, Jim Adie 12 up to 4 lb, Stuart Spence 11 up to 10 lb, Jim Eddie 11 up to 8 lb, Calum Clark 11 up to 6 lb, Tam Greenock 11 up to 5 lb, Nick Bailey 11 up to 3 lb and following a little tuition, first time fly fisher Rob Wilson caught 2 nice fish on a Pheasant Tail Nymph :cool:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Barry Robertson

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to Feb 23rd )
« Reply #1 on: 23/02/2009 at 20:32 »
I wonder who was using the straggle fritz blobs sorry bibio's  :z4

Paul Rankine

« Reply #2 on: 27/02/2009 at 00:01 »
HI Bigtroot,
                 I am forced to intervene and stop this  seemingly oft repeated fallacy right
here.

I really cannot abide the fritz slander .

However, I shared the boat with Jim and believe me there were no staggle fritz flies used in his success..

I do confess though that my top dropper ,(which Hamish admired) , was indeed a self dressed Bibio micro UV straggle daddy .

I Honestly believe that this was the sole cause of Jedi's success on the day.

:shock

Paul.

PS: It,s a great wee fly, aye mine I mean !

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 27/02/2009 at 08:38 »
No my sucess was all down to using the invisible rod as in the 2nd picture down  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

:z18

Jim

Paul Rankine

« Reply #4 on: 27/02/2009 at 12:06 »
Hi Jim,
          Where's it gone !  :shock
Paul.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 27/02/2009 at 18:19 »
HI Bigtroot,
                 I am forced to intervene and stop this  seemingly oft repeated fallacy right
here.

I really cannot abide the fritz slander .

Its a bibio blob end of debate  :wink
I have even bought some off of onlineflies  :z4

Tam Greenock

« Reply #6 on: 28/02/2009 at 11:21 »
Well l had a great couple of days at Haddo this week, catching on PTN, Damsel, Hares Lug CDC, Suspender Buzzer, Blae & Black and dare l say it  :z3 an Orange B**B, which was actually being used as an attractor for the Damsel but still caught 3 nice Rainbows and the heaviest one of the two days at around 9lbs.

Thanks Mike
see ye next Sunday  :z16

Tam

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com