Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eddie

Coarse fishing
« on: 23/02/2009 at 12:49 »
Hi Guys,
I have been visiting your forum for a few weeks now and today I thought I would introduce myself briefly and also ask a few questions at the same time.

I moved up to Aberdeen about 4 years now, and this year I decided to get back into coarse fishing again. So I was up at the Glen of Rothes fishery on Saturday for my first session of the year and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I even managed to land a small common carp of about 1 ½ pounds, which was an extra bonus.  :z16

I was wondering if any of the guys on the forum took part in the competition on Sunday, and was hoping to get some inside info on baits etc. I should have probably pointed out by now that most of my coarse fishing experience comes from fishing the rivers back home in Greece, and therefore the whole approach to fishing is very different to here.

Tight lines

Eddie

Rob Brownfield

Re: Coarse fishing
« Reply #1 on: 23/02/2009 at 13:08 »
Hi Eddie and welcome.

I was ment to be fishing the comp, going up on Saturday for a practice and then fish sunday..but I lost the brakes on my Landy so never made it.

As for baits etc, the fish have only been in about 2 months, just about anything will catch them. Nothing seems to be better than the next thing.

Regards
Rob

Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 23/02/2009 at 16:50 »
Thanks for that Rob,
Sorry to hear you did not make the competition. How long have you fished in Glen of Rothes?
I did try a variety of baits on Saturday, but even the small brownies refused my maggots! :cry :z8
I am hoping to be back for another session in the next couple of weeks, weather permitting.

Tight lines

Kevin Moss

« Reply #3 on: 23/02/2009 at 19:24 »
Hi eddie
the compy was won with a weight of 6lbs 11ozs of carp.One of which was just over the 5lb mark.There was bream caught also which were upto 1lb and also a nice ghost carp.For the time of year it went well.Single maggot was doing the best on the day.next time your up will let you know of some more plans we have in march ready for the next competition in april.pictures are on our website.
kevin

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 24/02/2009 at 08:37 »
Eddie,
only fished a few times coz of the distance, but I will be back...looks like we may have the making of a good fishery :)

I tend to fish Aboyne for the Roach and Ide as its only 10 minutes from me :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com