Sandy Nelson

Re: help anybody know what this is
« Reply #1 on: 22/02/2009 at 22:07 »
a pectoral fin?

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 23/02/2009 at 08:42 »
Looks very much like a tumor to me. Could be caused by a million different things but fish that live in waters bordering industrial facilities or in rivers with industrial runoff can get them. Flatfish in esturies are very prone as chemicals wash down the river, settle on the bed and the flatfish bury themselves in the "effluent".

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 23/02/2009 at 22:03 »
Looks like a saprolegnia infection to me, or possibly furunculosis, so fingal and bacterial infections respectively. Although it's a good pic, I can't make my mind up which is the more likely fairly..... possibly furunculosis.

Both are common infections in salmonids (and indeed most cold-water species) at ths time of the year as the water warms up.

However, when was the photo taken and where :?

ARF!!

« Reply #4 on: 24/02/2009 at 21:16 »
thanks chaps the  :z15pic was taken on the 22nd, the water in this place is already next to boiling well not quit, but the fish are coming out warm :mad, this place starts to steam so much some times you cant see the water in front of you. here is one from today nice little mirror of the top on dog biscuit, the place went mental today also had a few low double commons.I NO THE GREEN SMURF :z7

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 24/02/2009 at 21:48 »
What's with holding your rods in your mouth for photos? :z8

Will somebody nick it if you put it down? :z4

Cheers
Mike

ARF!!

« Reply #6 on: 24/02/2009 at 22:02 »
thats just a wind up for the locale carp lads (they hate!! :mad it with all there mite) :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 24/02/2009 at 22:10 »
thats just a wind up for the locale carp lads (they hate!! :mad it with all there mite) :z16

What, they hate you having a fishing rod in your mouth? :roll

Cheers
Mike

ARF!!

« Reply #8 on: 24/02/2009 at 22:15 »
yes they do, but also the fact that there as some dam good fish coming out on the most simplest of setup's (the fly rod proper fishing) :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com