sightbob

new salmon program
« on: 19/02/2009 at 13:04 »

hi all,
this was taken from another forum site, can't wait :z15
 :z18
brian

"Turus a' Bhradain - the Salmons' Journey"

Anyone that has an interest in salmon should enjoy this one and those that don't will be amazed at the spectacular scenery. The programme is presented in Gaelic with English subtitles but don't be put off....
Throughout the series it covers pretty much everything to do with the salmon and has a fair amount of fishing included. It was filmed last spring and the rivers featured include the Tay, Tummel, Spey, Dee, Tweed, Finhorn, North Esk, Ness and Helmsdale. (Can't remember the other ones....)
Although I was involved (as angling consultant,) and was present on several of the filming days, I was absolutely astounded when I saw what a superb job the director and producer have done with the material. Really powerful stuff - don't miss it. There will be 6 programmes, starting with "The Big Four," and the first episode goes out on BBC Alba (Sky 168) on Monday 2nd March with repeats on Thursdays. Also available on Freesat but I don't know anything about that! STV will be showing it later on Sunday nights and I will post more details when I have them.
A big thank you to the forum members that helped out last year with advice etc and also to the few that took part.

Hamish Young

Re: new salmon program
« Reply #1 on: 19/02/2009 at 13:41 »
Could be good, will watch out for it when it hits 'normal' telly  :z16

Dave Mundie

Re: new salmon program
« Reply #2 on: 19/02/2009 at 18:28 »
Could be good, will watch out for it when it hits 'normal' telly  :z16

Yep we haven't got sky either so will have to wait for it on freeview.
Should be good though looking forward to it.

Dave

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com