Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Re: Water water everwhere...
« Reply #15 on: 18/02/2009 at 16:10 »
Never fished it before, so will be an adventure  :z16

If the river stays this big...... doubly so  :shock

For a small fee I can let you see the photos with the areas marked..lol...but after this water we are having I doubt the river bed will be the same!!

paavo

« Reply #16 on: 18/02/2009 at 19:03 »
You are talking about spring in Scotland. Here in Sweden, up in Naimakka a small village in county Norrbotten, closed to the Finish border, had at Wednesday night a new record this winter -38.5.
No mosquito’s then.  :wink

//Harri

Irvine Ross

« Reply #17 on: 18/02/2009 at 20:03 »
Harri

It's too early to be spring in this part of the country. Last weekend the skiing was the best it's been for years and we had 25cm of snow in our garden. Now, four days later, we have a thaw and the snow has gone completely. Next week, who knows?

We don't  have seasons any more. We just get a few days when the winds is from the south west and it brings mild and, usually, wet weather. A few days later it goes back to the north east and we freeze again. The only thing you can be sure of is it will probably be different next week.  :z8

Cheers

Irvine

garry john

« Reply #18 on: 18/02/2009 at 23:42 »
i went skiing up glenshee sunday. lucky we got there early, it was amazing how much people was there :shock

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #19 on: 19/02/2009 at 08:22 »
i went skiing up glenshee sunday. lucky we got there early, it was amazing how much people was there :shock

Which is why we turned off at Braemar and found our own hills to play on :) I dont like paying £25+ to stand in a que for several hours and then have to dodge hundreds of folk on the way down to once more stand in a que..lol

garry john

« Reply #20 on: 19/02/2009 at 09:19 »
didnt really have 2 que got there jst at the right time :z16 there was lots of dodging. not a bad day for my 1st time skiing untill i fell and hurt my knee :cry good to see all the deer coming off the hills also on the way there and back :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com