Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Trout Master

Any Good Books
« on: 13/02/2009 at 22:37 »
Hi lads can any one recomend any good fly fishing books.  Im after one that can tell you whats the best flieys to use in the seasons. Thanks

Mike Barrio

Re: Any Good Books
« Reply #1 on: 13/02/2009 at 22:53 »
Hi "Trout Master"

Where would you like to use the flies, as the books tend to focus on rivers, stillwaters, or wild lochs etc?

Are you looking for flies and how to tie them, or flies and how to fish them? We can hopefully help you to find something useful once we know what you are hoping to learn from it.

I was sent a cracker to review this week and I'm just starting to get through it. New for 2009 and called "Flies That Catch Trout" by Terry Lawton ..... so far, I'm finding it very good. :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 13/02/2009 at 23:43 »

I was sent a cracker to review this week and I'm just starting to get through it. New for 2009 and called "Flies That Catch Trout" by Terry Lawton ..... so far, I'm finding it very good. :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Must be a fair book at £28 Mike  :shock
http://www.halebooks.com/display.asp?K=9780709081937&sf1=eh_cat_class&st1=H150&pge=hale&ds=Sports&m=4&dc=8

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 13/02/2009 at 23:51 »
Yes, about 240 pages of good quality hardback Baz, with almost a hundred photos :z16

I'm enjoying it so far ..... review to follow soon :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com