Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

j.r fartley

trout in the town.
« on: 11/02/2009 at 17:01 »
i came across this blog on another forum http://urbantrout.blogspot.com/ its a great wee read. :!

Jim Eddie

Re: trout in the town.
« Reply #1 on: 11/02/2009 at 17:32 »
Good to see urban trout making a come-back , I remember what the Kelvin was like in the 70's you would have been certifed if you had said you would ever catch trout in the centre of Glasgow.

:z18

Jim

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 12/02/2009 at 20:06 »
In a cloud of doom and gloom it is encouraging to see various little waters and urban 'sewers' being revitsalised.

I clearly remember one early summers evening last year when I was pushing the pram around Blackburn wandering how I was ever going to escape this domestic Alcatraz :z10................. when crossing a tiny footbridge over the little burn (at the playpark) I stopped to gaze awhile :z6 into the murky water housing a stash of lockbloc and a supermarket trolley, dreaming of what might be, when a lovely wee trout of 6" -7" jumped clean out of the water. It both made my day and reminded me that there are still some good trout in our little forgotten waterways.

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 12/02/2009 at 20:53 »
Aye , I often have a walk along the Denburn of  alunch-time , never spotted a trout or anyother sign of life though , which is a shame as there is a craking wee pool just outside our office.

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com