Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Blank Busters
« on: 09/02/2009 at 18:56 »
The name of these flies gies me the dry boak as we used to say in old Glesga toon. They were featured in Trout and Salmon and by Magnus in FF & FT.
Now name apart , they look like decent skinny buzzers, they have UV and Luminous hotspots , I'm interested in peoples opinions if this actually makes a difference.
Personally I like something a little bit different , it somehow gives me added confidence , I used to fish a cats whisker from Fulling Mill that had a luminous bead and had great success with it , or maybe I would have caught the same amount of Trout with a cats whisker minus the bead who knows. I'll probably end up buying a set of these flies.
What do you think make a difference or not ?

:z18

Jim

Irvine Ross

Re: Blank Busters
« Reply #1 on: 09/02/2009 at 19:44 »
Jim

I guess they might make a difference if the water is cloudy :z8

Only way to find out is to fish them in a pair with a plain skinny buzzer, swap the positions now and again and see which, if any, is the most successful.

A comprehensive report, complete with full statistical analysis, and confidence limits, accounting for variables in water temperature, clarity, wind direction, air pressure, weather for the preceding 5 days and time of day would be most appreciated. :grin

Irvine :z15

Jim Eddie

Re: Blank Busters
« Reply #2 on: 09/02/2009 at 19:46 »
I did actually think of that Irvine , then again lifes to short  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com