Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

This weekend
« on: 06/02/2009 at 20:00 »
Looks like things are going to be a tad quiet this weekend fishing-wise, I don't know if anywhere is going to be open, or if anybody even fancies going fishing just now :z6

Probably a good weekend to put ones feet up by the fire and perhaps do a bit of fly-tying? I can picture Baz in his living room perhaps, sitting in his newly inflated float tube in front of the telly :z4

Me, I've just been out for a puff  :z3 and have come back in to a hot cup of coffee and a wee glass of Bowmore ...... hmmm, nice :wink

Cheers
Mike

Iain Goolager

Re: This weekend
« Reply #1 on: 06/02/2009 at 20:13 »
Yeah Mike,
It looks like a fly-tying weekend in store.

I've no doubt Baz will be sitting in his tube right now watching Eastenders (that's what I'm doing), I just hope he isn't wearing his automatic life jacket 'cos I hear that sitting next to an open bottle of beer can set them off!

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 06/02/2009 at 20:15 »
Aye Mike , just had a couple of glasses of Chardonay , think I'll crack open the Glenmorangie now  :z12

Mind you I'll have cabin fever by the time Monday comes  :roll

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 06/02/2009 at 20:23 »
You'll maybe get up to Braeside though Jim, it's probably the only place that might be open :wink

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 06/02/2009 at 20:24 »
Ben must be frozen ..... You got plenty of wood for that fire Ben?

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 06/02/2009 at 20:28 »
You'll maybe get up to Braeside though Jim, it's probably the only place that might be open :wink

Cheers
Mike

If anywheres not frozen it will be Braeside , getting up the Brae would be the problem though  :wink

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #6 on: 06/02/2009 at 20:37 »
Yeah Mike,
It looks like a fly-tying weekend in store.

I've no doubt Baz will be sitting in his tube right now watching Eastenders (that's what I'm doing), I just hope he isn't wearing his automatic life jacket 'cos I hear that sitting next to an open bottle of beer can set them off!

Iain

Just busy getting my naked float tube calendar up to date ! Just december to photograph and iam done , no time for eastenders in this house  :z3

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 06/02/2009 at 20:40 »
Just busy getting my naked float tube calendar up to date ! Just december to photograph and iam done , no time for eastenders in this house  :z3

Who you getting to model for you Baz? :z4  :z4  :z4

Hmmm ..... I see you've started smoking again :shock

Cheers
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #8 on: 06/02/2009 at 20:44 »

Heard Rescobie are open for pike fishing this weekend (Dead baiting only) off of the boats so would be an intresting day  :z16

Will send you a signed copy soon Mike  :z7

Jim Eddie

« Reply #9 on: 06/02/2009 at 20:49 »
Noooooooooooooooooooo , just got to get that picture right out of my head  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #10 on: 06/02/2009 at 20:50 »
Dont worry jim yours is in the post also  :z18

Mike Barrio

« Reply #11 on: 06/02/2009 at 20:54 »
I've got a couple of good books here that I keep promising myself I'll read ( am struggling to sit down with a book just now for some reason ) so this weekend might be a good chance to have another try :wink

Cheers
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #12 on: 06/02/2009 at 21:00 »
I just finished reading this book'
Boat Fishing For Trout by Steve Parton  :wink
Some good reading and a few good tips and tricks picked up  :z16

Brian Brand

« Reply #13 on: 06/02/2009 at 22:07 »
Oi Mike,

You are having a Bowmore without me being there :cry

Bri

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 06/02/2009 at 22:11 »
Oi Mike,

You are having a Bowmore without me being there :cry

Bri

No, it's just a Grouse ......... honestly Brian :z3

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com