Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

speyghillie

Trout fishing in the Rockies
« on: 30/01/2009 at 21:12 »
Hi Everbody,
I have a couple of friends i am guiding and taking on a fishing trip through the Rockies, having done this trip a number of times.
I am wondering if anybody else would like to come on trip.
Here are a few details about me and the plan.
I worked on the River Spey for 14yrs and still live in Aviemore working at a Trout fishery where i have worked part-time and now full time for 22 yrs.
I have been lucky enough to have fished all over Alberta and British Columbia for the last 5 yrs, fishing rivers and Lakes for Trout and Salmon.
My favorite trip is to fly into Calgary fish the Bow River and then work my through the Rockies and Fraser Valley and out of Vancouver , this can be done on a ten day trip.
I dont do this for a living as i still work at the fishery, but just thought i would throw this trip out there and see if anybody would like to come along, i will try and keep the cost down, and to do this small groups of 4 or 5 is best.
I am still at the planning stages but will have all the detail in the next couple of weeks.
If you like the sound of the trip, just send me a PM, like i say i have done this trip lots of times, and its a great way to fish different rivers and lakes and see the rockies and Fraser Valley.
Thanks Gordon Macleod.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com