Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Mundie

Weather
« on: 29/01/2009 at 20:53 »
Why is it that when your at work it always seems to be perfect fishing weather but when the weekend comes along when your free to get out its blowing a hooley (acording to forcast for this weekend)  :mad

Dave

Iain Goolager

Re: Weather
« Reply #1 on: 29/01/2009 at 21:23 »
Dave,

probably it's because you're like me and have been bad in a previous life :z4........if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all when it comes to fishing plans

'carpe diem'  though, that's my philosophy.  I'd fish standing on one leg in my speedos for a chance to get out, hooley or not.

Iain

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 29/01/2009 at 21:33 »
Dave,

.  I'd fish standing on one leg in my speedos for a chance to get out, hooley or not.

Iain

Hmm lets not try and picture this  :z4
You know its bad when your standing fishing away and ice is forming on the eyes of your rod, this has happened alot this winter  :oops
Not long to go now surely until the weather changes for the better  :z16
How many here would fish in any conditions if it was the only chance they got for the week?

Iain Goolager

« Reply #3 on: 29/01/2009 at 22:06 »
Baz,
the only fishery I really get a chance to fish at the moment is Lochter due to it's proximity and the fact that I usually only manage to squeeze in 2 to 4 hours. Last Saturday I negotiated a pass and was well f........ disheartened to see that only the usual areas were ice free.  :z6 There were a few anglers out which meant that all available 'slots' were taken.  :z6
The week before (I think) was ice free but with blustery winds. :z16 give me the freedom to roam and I'll always find a spot to fish no matter the weather.

By the way my favourite fishing conditions are - drizzly misty conditions - I love it

Dave Mundie

« Reply #4 on: 30/01/2009 at 08:42 »
Well i'm not fussed about rain snow ect it's the wind that gets me, not the best caster at the best of times it defo don't help.

I guess Haddo, Lochter and Waulkmill is the only places i go to because they're local and like Iain youhave to make the most of you're 2-4hr pass.

Dave

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 30/01/2009 at 11:05 »
To be honest the weather does not put me off , unless the lochs are fozen solid  :cool:

Nae such thing as bad weather only the wrang claes.

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com