Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haggis
« on: 25/01/2009 at 17:01 »
Hi folks :cool:

We're having haggis for supper tonight, as one does, but must confess that I'm not a big fan cause I don't like oatmeal type stuff :z6

Cheers
Mike

Barry Robertson

Re: Haggis
« Reply #1 on: 25/01/2009 at 17:13 »
Every Sunday offshore we get haggis wrapped in ham then pastry, once i have had this meal twice iam awfy happy as i know i only have one full shift left to go!
I love the stuff  :z4
For the english lads onboard they sit and nibble on there yorkshire puds  :z8

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 25/01/2009 at 18:49 »
Well, I guess I'll have to eat my hat :oops
That was delicious and nothing like what I remembered from last time :z16

Cheers
Mike

Dave Mundie

« Reply #3 on: 25/01/2009 at 19:02 »
Well if you don't like oatmeal you can get a gluten free haggis from a butcher in huntly, the barley and oatmeal is replaced with rice and lentels. The wife and i were at a burns dinner dance for the ceoliac society at the beach ballroom on friday and the haggis was great. :z16

You can contact the butcher here Forbes Raeburn & Sons, 7 Bogie Street, Huntly 01466 792818

Dave

Noel Kelly

« Reply #4 on: 25/01/2009 at 19:31 »
Not usually a big fan but herself loves the stuff. I cooked a huge one yesterday with the works and it was excellent we polished off the leftovers an hour ago. We also had haggis and scrambled eggs this morn :shock
Think that will do me now for a few months :grin

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 25/01/2009 at 21:00 »
I love the Haggis , neeps and tatties , but once or twice a year is fine  :wink

:z18

Jim

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #6 on: 26/01/2009 at 20:44 »
  Im glad you guys enjoyed your haggis!  We had planned to have our own wee burns supper down on the rig here in Nigeria :cool: until Nigerian customs decided they didnt like the look of our sacred flightless bird :z7 Nevermind theres always next year I suppose :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com