Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Photo "Gallery" Dutch ice updates
« on: 12/01/2009 at 18:23 »
Hi Jeroen :cool:
Thanks for posting your "Dutch Ice Updates" photo in the gallery :z16

Cracking photo ..... What is the story behind it? Was this weekend a special one with that many folk out ice skating?

Best wishes
Mike

paavo

Re: Photo "Gallery" Dutch ice updates
« Reply #1 on: 12/01/2009 at 19:02 »
Exciting photo, and I like Spidermans shot of a Redbreast ( Rödhake ) in the gallery :z16

//Harri

Dutchfly

« Reply #2 on: 12/01/2009 at 20:32 »
Hi Mike,

Skating is a big thing, over here. As one of our most popular sports, speedskating draws large crowds. Some 40,000 spectators saw Dutchman Sven Kramer become European Champion this weekend.

However, our winters are getting warmer. The last time the ice was thick enough for people to skate on, was allmost 12 years ago. Thousands of people travel abroad each year to skate (Sweden, Austria, Finland, even Canada). So, when news came this weekend that most tours were "open", literally hundreds of thousands Dutch, men, women and children, took their skates and went out for a great day out. It was a party all day, with live coverage on radio and t.v.

So I decided to include some Dutch Ice Updates on the forum. I figured that when you run out of ideas for the Outcasts or the Haddo Armada, maybe you can have a skatingday on the loch. If you can't fish it, skate it :z16

(And me? After spending hours on our local 400 m skating ring practising my technique, skating a lot of miles indoors every year to be prepared when the day comes, I'm down with the flue. :mad Not just any flue mind you, noooo, a serious flue with temperatures over 40 degrees Celsius, extreme musclepains etc. Hopefully it doesn't take another 12 years for the ice to return :cry :cry :cry)

Enjoy the ice, guys!

Jeroen

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 12/01/2009 at 21:49 »
Wow, that's fast, don't think I could do that :cool:

Hope you get better soon
Cheers
Mike

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: 12/01/2009 at 21:56 »
Cool :cool:

Looks like a lot of fun.

harri , i have the original Robin as wallpaper, its a big image but much better than the reduced one on the gallery, i could send you it if you like :z16
I was very pleased with the way it came out, mind you getting to within 50cms of the bird did help a lot :z7

Sandy

paavo

« Reply #5 on: 13/01/2009 at 17:46 »
Robin, oh dear, I thought the name was Redbreast. :oops
It will bee fine with Robin, thanks Sandy :z16

//Harri

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com