Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Santa on the ball?
« on: 26/12/2008 at 12:04 »
So ...... was Santa on the ball with fishing tackle this year?

Anybody find any nice "toys" at the bottom of their Santa sack? :wink

Cheers
Mike

Peter McCallum

Re: Santa on the ball?
« Reply #1 on: 26/12/2008 at 13:27 »
nice wee voucher for neil andersons shop in forfar

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 26/12/2008 at 13:51 »
nice wee voucher for neil andersons shop in forfar

Nice one ...... well done Santa :z16

Brian Brand

« Reply #3 on: 26/12/2008 at 14:19 »
Didn't get anything fishing related :z10

Mike did you get anything that I have not to speak about :wink :z4

All the best folks,

Bri.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 26/12/2008 at 14:35 »
Didn't get anything fishing related :z10

Mike did you get anything that I have not to speak about :wink :z4

All the best folks,

Bri.

Don't think so :z4  :z4  :z4  :z4  :z4

Cheers
Mike

PS: You coming to the Winter Outcast Gathering Bri?

esoxfly

« Reply #5 on: 26/12/2008 at 15:01 »
Merry Christmas all!

Santa was very on the ball (unexpectedly) for me - she had done her homework and got me my first tube!   :z16

She didn't know my login details for the forum so had searched for advice online and hit Fred's articles on the Shakey tube - well done that man!  This clinched it and she got a VERY good deal on it from an e-bay seller.  :z4

Now.......is it madness to have a test drive at this time of year?  I have neoprenes and good thermals.  Looking at the lovely day outside today it's very tempting  ???

Any good fishing tackle sales around?  I'm now after all of the other "bits" for tubing :z2

All the best for 2009  :z18

Chris

Dave Mundie

« Reply #6 on: 26/12/2008 at 15:27 »
Well i got £60 worth of vouchers for Lochter and they're valid for a year so plenty time to use them up.

Dave

Mike Livingstone

« Reply #7 on: 26/12/2008 at 17:54 »
Yeah, he was spot on this year.  A few books - Skues on trout, Trout Hunting and Fishing Small Flies.  The best was the Macro Polo fly tying kit, that thing is amazing!  Kind of fishing related I also got a camping stove kit with 3 pans that folds away to a pretty compact unit.

:z16 :z16 :z16 :z16

It is great because I don't have to worry about the weather to try most of it out and we are heading to the mountains tomorrow so all  is coming with me! :grin

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 27/12/2008 at 00:30 »
I got a Zero Gravity 5 weight  :cool: .....just need a new line now!..lol Had it out today alongsode my XP and the action seems identical..which is nice :) Off to try it on the trout at Midmar tomorrow..unfortuantely i wont have time to get to Mikes and back again :(

Hamish Young

« Reply #9 on: 27/12/2008 at 10:40 »
Santa seems to have been very much on the ball this year  :z16 I can only assume that he has listened to my good lady wife for a change  :grin

Two of the more interesting presents were:

Fred Bullers' Doomsday Book of Giant Salmon - brilliant read and a mighty mighty tome.
Home met station - does all sorts of clever stuff including measuring barometric pressure, humidity, air temperature etc etc. Will come in very handy during the fishing season  :wink

Santa has also made a contribution towards my next fishing stick  - more on what that's going to be another time   :cool:

Hamish  :z3

Barry Robertson

« Reply #10 on: 27/12/2008 at 17:20 »
Just been and spent my Usual collection of vouchers!
Got myself a new electric engine for the boats this year!
Just need to get a battery now  :roll
 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #11 on: 03/01/2009 at 23:15 »
Woohoo!!! Mentioned to Cass that I wanted to start "bugging" (she says I do that anyway)..and lo and behold Santa turned up with a Western 2 10 foot 4 weight today!!!....many thanks Davie for pointing her in the right direction..the perfect choice!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com