Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Ta-Ta Vest
« on: 18/12/2008 at 22:23 »
I forgot to mention that when I fished the Isla a month or so ago it was the first outing for my new chest Pack.

The one I used was the Airflo Chest Pack which is slim and although maybe not as elegant as some of the more expensive types it certainly pleased me (I got it from e-bay for £7.99). I liked the look of the smallest Orvis one but I felt that carrying only one fly box was as uncomfortable as fishing naked (I'd assume).

Strangely enough even before I'd used it I bought a Snowbee one on a pure impulse when getting my permit from Neils' shop in Forfar????  I've yet to use this one.

Anyway I'm looking forward to getting out on the river again sporting my lovely chest pack.

Thanks for the memories Orvis Tac-L-Pac....... we'll meet again.

Sandy,

Have you had any advancement on finding a suitable one?

Iain

Sandy Nelson

Re: Ta-Ta Vest
« Reply #1 on: 19/12/2008 at 08:57 »
Nope :z10

Tried a few so far and have rejected them before i get near the water.
Am swinging back towards my waistcoat rapidly :z6

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 24/12/2008 at 11:53 »
Hi guys :z16

I find that the more pockets or bag space that I have ....... the more stuff I shove in it :shock and the more I have to carry around with me :z7

When it comes to the river, I have tried lots of things over the years, but I keep going back to attempting to only take what I can get in my jacket pockets. My old brain can't cope with too many pockets either and I forget where I've put things :z4

Good fun trying new bags, packs etc though and I wish I could get in the habit of using my waistcoat ...... a waistcoat should be "your old friend" :z3

Cheers
Mike

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 24/12/2008 at 12:01 »
a waistcoat should be "your old friend" :z3

So what i need to do is get YOU to carry all my stuff.
What a great idea :z4

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 24/12/2008 at 12:03 »
So what i need to do is get YOU to carry all my stuff.
What a great idea :z4

Sandy

Yeah right :z4  :z4  :z4  :z4  :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com