Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website.

Fishing The Fly In Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Fishing The Fly Forum « Welcome to Fishing The Fly Forum « The Outcasts «  (Moderators: Mike Barrio, Hamish, Spiderman, Ben_D)Winter Outcast Gathering?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Outcast Gathering?  (Read 34847 times)
Hamish
Highland Outcast
Forum Admin

Piscor ergo sum

« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2009, 08:10:53 AM »

Also, I got some special russian mustard powder that I use for the Vindaloo. I will bring some to you.

Cool  thumbs up

There is a brand of canned cherry tomatoes here that is absolutely great. Do you use anything like that?

Tins of chopped plum tomatoes yes, haven't seen tins of cherry tomatoes yet when I've been out and about but I do use fresh ones in my curries  Cool dude I can smell a curry right now..... hmmm... curry for breakfast.... hmmm curry for lunch..... hmmmm  lots of laughs

Hamish  smokin

Generally insisting that things should have been made better from the factory since 1971 - someone has to do it.
http://www.justgiving.com/InvernessCoastguard
magnus
Forum Member

« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2009, 13:17:30 PM »

Guys (not Stefan or Hamish)

Might be best to avoid the soup at any future casting gatherings.
Hamish
Highland Outcast
Forum Admin

Piscor ergo sum

« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2009, 17:46:47 PM »

Did it disagree with you Magnus  eek ?

Generally insisting that things should have been made better from the factory since 1971 - someone has to do it.
Stefan Siikavaara
Forum Member

« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2009, 23:24:49 PM »

Hi Hamish!

Got a a full bag for you here (of that mustard powder). One of my collegues at work is Russian. Promise me that you will not try smelling this stuff. Colemans is a good, strong mustard powder, this is something else... exclamation

See if I get it through customs. Last time in Scotland I got a few zipper bags of curry from Al Pyke and that nearly cost my virginity, I am not kidding. But his Biriani mix changed my cooking, outstanding stuff! 

Soup what Magnus???  very happy

Best Regards
Stefan
Hamish
Highland Outcast
Forum Admin

Piscor ergo sum

« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2009, 09:22:18 AM »

Cool  Cool dude

Look forward to giving it a try out, spot of outside catering for the 'loops bash perhaps  idea

Hamish  smokin

Stefan Siikavaara
Forum Member

« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2009, 21:10:35 PM »

Hi Guys!

Today we casted for four hours in the hall. What a day!!! Fredrik popped two PB:s with the 5wt and I hit one with the 8 footer for a 5.

So we walsed in there and begun to warm up. Fredrik and his brother marched right up to the center court and begun whipping distance. The third cast Fredrik made was 35,6 meters, he had docens going over 34. Popped another one way over 35 meters after a while. Jesus, where is this going to end?  eek   very happy

We also did all kinds of curves, mends, spey, precision and helped each other with tracking. Hall practise is so great guys!

Best Regards
Stefan

Mike Barrio
Forum Admin

« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2009, 00:15:21 AM »

Hi Stefan

Sounds like you were having lots of fun, wish I was there! Cool dude

I'm sure I was probably hitting over 30m at our first indoor meeting, but unfortunately the hall was not long enough for me to measure them lots of laughs  lots of laughs  lots of laughs

You guys are going to find it real easy when it is warm enough for you to get outside and have the wind behind you smokin

Best wishes
Mike

www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a quality fly line!
Stefan Siikavaara
Forum Member

« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2009, 09:20:27 AM »

Hi Mike and all!

I had my first proper outdoor session yesterday. I've been out in the snow about once a week of course during the whole winter but only very short sessions, and you canīt hardly see anything in the fecking darkness. Casting with gloves on is not that fun either.  very happy

However, itīs wonderful to be able to get outside properly now. The 6 wt is singing, I have learned a lot this winter. I think the best thing I did was force myself to cast without hauling for a couple of months. Try it, hand in pocket and line reeled up. It's a bit awkvard in the beginning but it improves the basics fast.

Best regards
Stefan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

The Fly Line Shop - Barrio Fly Lines