Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Re: Winter Outcast Gathering?
« Reply #135 on: 19/03/2009 at 08:10 »
Also, I got some special russian mustard powder that I use for the Vindaloo. I will bring some to you.

Cool  :z16

There is a brand of canned cherry tomatoes here that is absolutely great. Do you use anything like that?

Tins of chopped plum tomatoes yes, haven't seen tins of cherry tomatoes yet when I've been out and about but I do use fresh ones in my curries  :cool: I can smell a curry right now..... hmmm... curry for breakfast.... hmmm curry for lunch..... hmmmm  :z4

Hamish  :z3

Magnus Angus

« Reply #136 on: 19/03/2009 at 13:17 »
Guys (not Stefan or Hamish)

Might be best to avoid the soup at any future casting gatherings.

Hamish Young

« Reply #137 on: 19/03/2009 at 17:46 »
Did it disagree with you Magnus  :shock :?

Stefan Siikavaara

« Reply #138 on: 20/03/2009 at 23:24 »
Hi Hamish!

Got a a full bag for you here (of that mustard powder). One of my collegues at work is Russian. Promise me that you will not try smelling this stuff. Colemans is a good, strong mustard powder, this is something else... :!

See if I get it through customs. Last time in Scotland I got a few zipper bags of curry from Al Pyke and that nearly cost my virginity, I am not kidding. But his Biriani mix changed my cooking, outstanding stuff! 

Soup what Magnus???  :grin

Best Regards
Stefan

Hamish Young

« Reply #139 on: 21/03/2009 at 09:22 »
Cool  :cool:

Look forward to giving it a try out, spot of outside catering for the 'loops bash perhaps  :z17

Hamish  :z3

Stefan Siikavaara

« Reply #140 on: 21/03/2009 at 21:10 »
Hi Guys!

Today we casted for four hours in the hall. What a day!!! Fredrik popped two PB:s with the 5wt and I hit one with the 8 footer for a 5.

So we walsed in there and begun to warm up. Fredrik and his brother marched right up to the center court and begun whipping distance. The third cast Fredrik made was 35,6 meters, he had docens going over 34. Popped another one way over 35 meters after a while. Jesus, where is this going to end?  :shock   :grin

We also did all kinds of curves, mends, spey, precision and helped each other with tracking. Hall practise is so great guys!

Best Regards
Stefan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #141 on: 22/03/2009 at 00:15 »
Hi Stefan

Sounds like you were having lots of fun, wish I was there! :cool:

I'm sure I was probably hitting over 30m at our first indoor meeting, but unfortunately the hall was not long enough for me to measure them :z4  :z4  :z4

You guys are going to find it real easy when it is warm enough for you to get outside and have the wind behind you :z3

Best wishes
Mike

Stefan Siikavaara

« Reply #142 on: 23/03/2009 at 09:20 »
Hi Mike and all!

I had my first proper outdoor session yesterday. I've been out in the snow about once a week of course during the whole winter but only very short sessions, and you canīt hardly see anything in the fecking darkness. Casting with gloves on is not that fun either.  :grin

However, itīs wonderful to be able to get outside properly now. The 6 wt is singing, I have learned a lot this winter. I think the best thing I did was force myself to cast without hauling for a couple of months. Try it, hand in pocket and line reeled up. It's a bit awkvard in the beginning but it improves the basics fast.

Best regards
Stefan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com