Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website.

Fishing The Fly In Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Fishing The Fly Forum « Home « The Outcasts « Winter Outcast Gathering?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Outcast Gathering?  (Read 35888 times)
Stefan Siikavaara
Forum Member

« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2009, 22:58:59 PM »

Hi Mike!

Thank you, looks like a nice place you got here! Many familiar names too.

Our hall is very long but the ceeling is a bit lower than in your hall. Then thereīs all kinds of shit hanging from the roof, cables, lamps and we constantly need to clear it from ropes and wires hanging down. The hall is being used for fairs and the like so they hang up signs and I donīt know what from the ceeling. 

But when you find a clear lane and manage to keep the line in it itīs a wondeful place to spend a cold winters day.  very happy

Tomorrow is the big day of the week btw. Got all the lines cleaned and I hope I still have some juice left in the arms, been painting walls and cooking all day...

Best regards
Stefan 
Mike Barrio
Forum Admin

« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2009, 23:06:56 PM »

Have fun tomorrow Stefan thumbs up

Ben and Hamish are bringing all the latest Orvis toys over to the lake, so we'll be playing too! smokin

Best wishes
Mike

www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a quality fly line!
magnus
Forum Member

« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2009, 01:29:17 AM »

Stefan - is that you? Stesiik?
Stefan Siikavaara
Forum Member

« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2009, 08:13:57 AM »

Hi Magnus!

Sure! Is that you? Magnum?  cool dude

Best regards
Stefan
Spiderman
Forum Moderator

« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2009, 08:42:31 AM »

HI Stefan

Welcome to our Forum, good to hear from you.
Hopefully we'll all get to catch up in May thumbs up

Sandy

John Geirach 2011 "Fly fishing is like Baseball, it takes an adult to do it well but a child to think it is important"
magnus
Forum Member

« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2009, 10:35:24 AM »

lots of laughs lots of laughs lots of laughs

Moose curry?
paavo
Forum Member

« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2009, 13:10:00 PM »

Tjenare Stefan
Welcome to the forum.

//Harri
Stefan Siikavaara
Forum Member

« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2009, 22:03:34 PM »

Hi Harri!

Thanks! Kitos?

Hi Sandy!

Thanks!! We casted some in Dunkeld right? Itīs going to be great to come back to Scotland in May and meet all of you!

Hi Magnus!

Yepp!! Do you cook? I'd say for tandoori marinating moose beats any lamb hands down. Itīs not conventional I know, but the quality of the meat I got hold off is just exceptional. I bought a half moose calve a few months ago, a well tendered yearling. Get that taste of the wild to clash with the hebs and spices of indian cousine and you got something really special. If you do cook I could write down the recepie for making Moose Tandoori Madras, it will blow your socks off.  cool dude

Oh yeah, nearly forgot! We had a great day in the hall. I could not do any real distance today, that painting and sanding had turned my arms to yelly. But I did a lot of precision and presentation stuff, it went resonable well.

The guys I train with are getting so damn good, I swear it took me more than 15 years of mad practise to learn to cast like one of the guys that started training with us last fall. The whole group are good casters but this guy has an unbelivable talent. He popped a couple of +115 ft casts with the 5wt the last time. WTH, with only 5-6 months of practice.   

Best Regards
Stefan
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 22:27:01 PM by Stefan Siikavaara » Logged
Spiderman
Forum Moderator

« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2009, 07:44:37 AM »

Hi Sandy!

Thanks!! We casted some in Dunkeld right? Itīs going to be great to come back to Scotland in May and meet all of you!

Sure did  cheers tracking  and rotation mainly thumbs up

The guys I train with are getting so damn good, I swear it took me more than 15 years of mad practise to learn to cast like one of the guys that started training with us last fall. The whole group are good casters but this guy has an unbelivable talent. He popped a couple of +115 ft casts with the 5wt the last time. WTH, with only 5-6 months of practice.   

Funnily enough this doesn't surprise me at all  very happy

Sandy

John Geirach 2011 "Fly fishing is like Baseball, it takes an adult to do it well but a child to think it is important"
magnus
Forum Member

« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2009, 09:45:44 AM »

Hi Stefan

I cook but not Moose Smiley Hamish on the other hand will curry damned near anything.

Is your protege coming to the Don? Is this Fredrick ?
Stefan Siikavaara
Forum Member

« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2009, 12:38:08 PM »

Hi Magnus!

Wow! Seems like I need to talk curry with Hamish then.  very happy

I've tried very hard to get Fredrik to join us at the meet but he is a student and you know how tight the money can be. But, I managed to convince a few other Swedes so you will get to meet Christer and his wife. Christer is an annoying caster too.  stick tongue out

Best regards
Stefan

Hamish
Highland Outcast
Forum Moderator

Piscor ergo sum

« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2009, 19:45:49 PM »

Someone mention curry ?

Generally insisting that things should have been made better from the factory since 1971 - someone has to do it.
http://www.justgiving.com/InvernessCoastguard
Stefan Siikavaara
Forum Member

« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2009, 12:34:10 PM »

Hi Hamish!

Yepp!  smokin

Have you tried using game for Tandoori?

And do you use celery in your Madras and Vindaloo?

This is not OT, Itīs all related to flyfishing anyway. A proper curry makes you cast better.  wink

Best regards
Stefan

Hamish
Highland Outcast
Forum Moderator

Piscor ergo sum

« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2009, 13:36:33 PM »

Have you tried using game for Tandoori?

Oh yes indeed, Roe Deer vension, Pheasant, Rabbit and Pigeon have all graced my table tandooried  wink

And do you use celery in your Madras and Vindaloo?

No, I have used celeriac though  idea

This is not OT, Itīs all related to flyfishing anyway. A proper curry makes you cast better.  wink

Just so, a following wind is important  stick tongue out

Hamish  smokin

Generally insisting that things should have been made better from the factory since 1971 - someone has to do it.
http://www.justgiving.com/InvernessCoastguard
Stefan Siikavaara
Forum Member

« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2009, 14:14:01 PM »

Hi Hamish!

Great! I expect your Vension to be pretty close to our moose in taste.

Celeriac is great, I use it a lot. You should really have a go with celery. For anything with tomato in itīs the bomb. And carrot naturally.

Also, I got some special russian mustard powder that I use for the Vindaloo. I will bring some to you.

There is a brand of canned cherry tomatoes here that is absolutely great. Do you use anything like that?

Best regards
Stefan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Forum moderators - Mike Barrio - Hamish - Spiderman - Ben_D

I'm really looking forward to seeing this ............ hitting cinemas later this month I think.

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world