Hi Jim ,Yes, a bit like alloy wheels on a car really

See what you've started .  :z4

Lucky,
         Truth is we are all tackle tarts .It's part of the fun !  : :z12

Paul.

Dave Mundie

Re: Tackle Tart or not
« Reply #20 on: 16/12/2008 at 22:15 »
a wider wheel gives you better grip/more friction which results in slower speeds but higher cornering speeds.  :z2

Not if road is wet or snow as the wider the tyre it spreads the weight over a wider area and therefore less traction, a narrower tyre has more weight hense more traction.

But as for tackle if you got a rod that cost £10 and your comfortable with it and you catch fish with it whats the same in that :?

Dave

Jim Eddie

« Reply #21 on: 17/12/2008 at 21:07 »
Not if road is wet or snow as the wider the tyre it spreads the weight over a wider area and therefore less traction, a narrower tyre has more weight hense more traction.

But as for tackle if you got a rod that cost £10 and your comfortable with it and you catch fish with it whats the same in that :?

Dave

Nothing wrong with that at all Dave , I've got a good few rods of the bargain basement variety , when you are fishing with them you can rotate the rod so the fish can't see the makers name and you can still catch plenty fish  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

:z18

Jim

dseabass

« Reply #22 on: 17/12/2008 at 21:52 »
i agree ---i got a rod from e bay £23.99 incl pp  --well a havnt recieved it yet --but it looks ok 9ft 3pc #5-6 wt   spring creek effort   ---broke the tip of my old faithful airflo classic --and was looking for somethin that i could take with me for all nighters and days when mr white and mr mackay may be along  :z4    its too easy to trip up in the heather or climbin fences , fallin in ditches etc ----and in my opinion most of these modern blanks have got to be pretty good --better than the old fibreglass ,possibly, from yester-year ---i have tried some expensive wands --and yip you can tell the difference, but you do get used to a rod ---ive too many anyway --but when you see somethin that looks ok    ,and i know im not gonna burst into tears if i break it --then im buyin it 

cheers davey 

Barry Robertson

« Reply #23 on: 17/12/2008 at 21:55 »
i agree ---i got a rod from e bay £23.99 incl pp  --well a havnt recieved it yet --but it looks ok 9ft 3pc #5-6 wt   spring creek effort    ---broke the tip of my old faithful airflo classic --and was looking for somethin that i could take with me for all nighters and days when mr white and mr mackay may be along  :z4    its too easy to trip up in the heather or climbin fences , fallin in ditches etc ----and in my opinion most of these modern blanks have got to be pretty good --better than the old fibreglass ,possibly, from yester-year ---i have tried some expensive wands --and yip you can tell the difference, but you do get used to a rod ---ive too many anyway --but when you see somethin that looks ok    ,and i know im not gonna burst into tears if i break it --then im buyin it 

cheers davey 

I have had a cast of the very rod and they are actually not to shabby for the price tag, casts a nice line  :z16

dseabass

« Reply #24 on: 17/12/2008 at 22:01 »
excellent --cheers bigtroot ----as long as its not too whippy  i,ll be happy --glad i got a positive on it though

cheers davey

Barry Robertson

« Reply #25 on: 17/12/2008 at 22:06 »
I thought it was really firm anyway and i managed to throw out a decent line with it  :z16
If it the same one it will be dark red if i mind right ???

Iain Goolager

« Reply #26 on: 18/12/2008 at 12:29 »
I'm a tackle tart and proud!

For decades I used to fish with the lower end tackle due to a poor background (sob!) and for the last few years or so things have been quite prosperous so I enjoy the added pride and unfathomable confidence that such items bring.

Does this mean that lower end equipment is poor, most definitely not.

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com