Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Re: Tailing Loops
« Reply #30 on: 21/12/2008 at 21:06 »
Well fished with the Barrio Outcast prototpye (as opposed to casting) I love the rod to bits , no taling loops today ( well only 2  :oops)
I was fishing it with one of mike clear intermediares and it was turning over a goldhead lure no problem at all.
I'm pretty sure when I was casting (as opposed to fishing ) I was giving that last push before the line straightened causing the taling loop.

:z18

Jim   

Ben Dixon

« Reply #31 on: 22/12/2008 at 23:57 »
Jim,

Which Outcast did you fish with, I have tried two of them, both nice rods but if it helped with your tails I think I can gues which one it was  :grin

Are you coming to the indoor casting day?  will have a look & see if we can banish those tails.

Cheers

Ben

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #32 on: 23/12/2008 at 06:03 »
Ben

Jim has the lighter of the two outcasts, which was the one i preferred as it was a much less brutal casting machine and far sweeter to fish with.

Jim

i reckon that the tails dissappeared because you stopped trying so hard while fishing and let the rod do more of the work (which is why i loved this particular blank)
Get that sussed for casting and mix it with the haul and it'll fly on the grass too :z16 And no more tails. Its a great blank for shaping the line too. I'm still miffed it's to expensive to produce :cry

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com