Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Hi folks :cool:

Kenny has come back onshore to find his fishing gear is no longer in the boot of his car! :shock

So ..... Can we all help to look out for his gear please :z17

We are looking for two of the new Barrio blue 5wt fly rods ( serial number 3 and serial number 4 ) and two Barrio fly reels :z5

His tackle bag of flies etc etc appears to have been stolen as well, but the Barrio tackle will hopefully be a little easier to spot at a fishery or on ebay etc ???

I hope we can help him to find his gear
Best wishes
Mike

PS: The rods look more or less the same as Barrio 3 wts, see http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/barrio-fly-rods.html and the reels are like this http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/barrio-trout-reel.html

Iain Goolager

Re: Calling all forum members!
« Reply #1 on: 27/11/2008 at 19:29 »
B*****ds!

Will do Mike

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 27/11/2008 at 19:32 »
PS: Forgot to say that the rods will hopefully still be in the olive rod tubes ( no branding ) and tartan rod bags.

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 27/11/2008 at 20:28 »
Aye I'll second that Iain  :mad

:z18

Jim

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: 28/11/2008 at 09:07 »
Aye I'll second that Iain  :mad

:z18

Jim

Me too :mad

Will keep eyes peeled :z16

Sandy

Dario

Re: Calling all forum members! ..... Stolen tackle?
« Reply #5 on: 28/11/2008 at 13:19 »
Sorry to hear about this event ..... :mad

I have just try to have a look in the website 'GumTree', but for some reason the security in my work will not allow me to access the Aberdeen page, so maybe some else can try this. I had a look into the Edinburgh (just in case) but not sign of the gear.

I'll keep looking around...

Regards.

Dario

kenny

« Reply #6 on: 28/11/2008 at 15:10 »
hi all
cheers mike for putting this sad news on the forum. have informed cops as well and they say it will be hard to get rid of the rods cos of the numbers on them and limited to only a few. i would like to thank all forum members for keeping there eyes open.

cheers kenny.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 28/11/2008 at 17:49 »
Sorry to hear about this event ..... :mad

I have just try to have a look in the website 'GumTree', but for some reason the security in my work will not allow me to access the Aberdeen page, so maybe some else can try this. I had a look into the Edinburgh (just in case) but not sign of the gear.

I'll keep looking around...

Regards.

Dario

Hi Dario

A pair of eyes in Edinburgh :z5 Great stuff ...... Thanks for your help! :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 07/12/2008 at 23:50 »
Hi folks :cool:

There has not been any luck with this so far ...... so the tackle is still "out there" :z10

Please continue to keep your eyes open over the next few weeks :wink

Thanks
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #9 on: 08/12/2008 at 08:33 »
I understand that a majority of thefts in Aberdeen are drugs related and the favourite places to pass of the gear is the likes of Cash Converters etc. Might be worth a troll around these places for a look and also drop off the details to the local tackle shops.

I don't think the scum that has stolen this stuff will have the intelligence to use the internet for the likes of e-bay or gumtree  :mad

jock

« Reply #10 on: 08/12/2008 at 16:51 »
ill keep an eye out round about me,heres hoping you get them back what part of aberdeen did they get nicked from

kenny

« Reply #11 on: 08/12/2008 at 19:15 »
Hi All
the gear was nicked from the brig o don, i have let all the tackle shops know and they say they will keep there eyes open as well. still not heard anything from the cops yet.
cheers kenny.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com