Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Alex Thain

Multi tip Spey line
« on: 25/11/2008 at 19:35 »
I am thinking about purchasing a multi tip spey line. Has anybody used or have any comments about them? :z8

Graham Ritchie

Re: Multi tip Spey line
« Reply #1 on: 25/11/2008 at 20:08 »
I have tried most of the different ones and have settled for the Airflo Delta Spey multi-tip for most of my fishing. The head length is just about right for rivers like the Deveron and the Don. It is also useful on the bigger rivers like the Spey and Dee on windier days, when it is sometimes better to keep the casting loop more compact. If you need a longer bellied multi-tip for the larger rivers, then the Monteith line is the best of the bunch in my experience.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #2 on: 26/11/2008 at 21:11 »
I like the Rio power Spey, quite a long head but casts fine with the back of the head well down the rod.  The windcutter multi tip is still a good line, I dont rate it much as a full floater, personally find it a bit clumsy but for chucking heavy tips & big flies it is excellent and very easy to cast due mainly to the short head.

Cheers

Ben

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 29/11/2008 at 10:42 »
I am thinking about purchasing a multi tip spey line. Has anybody used or have any comments about them? :z8

How much do you want to spend and how much are you willing to spend.....( the two aren't necessarily the same ;)) as this could have a bearing on any suggestions  ???
Previous suggestions are spot on, but also worth a look is the Guideline Bill Drury Tips line  :z17

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com