Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

stickleback

Re: Plans for Next Year
« Reply #15 on: 19/11/2008 at 22:23 »
A spring day or two on the Deveron for some nice brownies.
A few days walking in the Knoydart peninsula during which I will take some time out to wet a line once or twice in the lochs. 
Annual pilgrimage to a couple of Sutherland hill lochs.
Hopefully a couple of seatrout and salmon from the Don in the Fintry/Kintore area.
Any other chance I can get out regardless of venue !!

Apart from that I'm not asking for much  :z4 :z4 :z4

Cheers

Cammy

Jay Scott

« Reply #16 on: 19/11/2008 at 23:56 »

My plans were to take a trip down to Menteith for a week and hopefully tour round Rutland, Grafham and Pitsford.

Jay

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 20/11/2008 at 01:27 »
I got quite a surprise the other day when "Bamboo Nut" Mike Livingstone wandered up to the Haddo hut with his two youngsters :z2 It's a long way to come, just to hand in a few flies! :z4

Needless to say ...... the kettle was soon on and we had lots to catch up on :z3

I have really missed Mike and his enthusiasm for bamboo rods since he moved to Norway ..... the three of us used to have such cool "Boo Bletherings" and then go out on the water to catch some of my trout with our favourite rods :wink Mike using his "Mike Shay special" and Sandy and myself our own bamboos :cool:

Ah yes ..... another plan for this year, more "Boo" fishing! :z16

Cheers
Mike Barrio

Hamish Young

« Reply #18 on: 20/11/2008 at 08:24 »
I plan on winning the lottery  :z7
Meanwhile, back on terra firma, it's more than likely I'm going to be hitting Cornwall for a weeks Bass hunting next year - plus a few more trips all over the UK which I didn't really manage this year  :z10
Personal mission is to catch a 3lb plus wild brownie next year, didn't manage that this year  :roll
From the Don :? ........ maybe  :wink

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #19 on: 20/11/2008 at 08:49 »
Personal mission is to catch a 3lb plus wild brownie next year, didn't manage that this year  :roll
From the Don :? ........ maybe  :wink

that sounds like fun  :wink

capeldrae

« Reply #20 on: 21/11/2008 at 20:49 »
More dry fly fishing, just descovered the evening rise, after a long lay off.
Maybe some river fishing.
Grandson. just about the age, not quite but he's getting there.

Brian

Dutchfly

« Reply #21 on: 22/11/2008 at 08:50 »
We're thinking about a third Dutch Open at Haddo :z4, followed by a couple of days on The Don, Colquhonnie House waters. May or June a good period for that part of the river?

CU

Jeroen

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #22 on: 22/11/2008 at 10:33 »
Colquhonnie House waters. May or June a good period for that part of the river?

Definatley :z16

Sandy

paavo

« Reply #23 on: 22/11/2008 at 10:46 »
Elisabet asked the other day, how about a week in Scotland on the River Tweed and River Annan, next spring.
I’ll say, well I don’t know….. :z12

As usually, we start up in the end of May for a couple of days on the River Österdalälven.
Late June will be at the same river.

From mid July too mid August up in the north.

And finally, autumn week up in the north.

//Harri

Hamish Young

« Reply #24 on: 22/11/2008 at 11:52 »
We're thinking about a third Dutch Open at Haddo :z4, followed by a couple of days on The Don, Colquhonnie House waters. May or June a good period for that part of the river?

CU

Jeroen

No later than June for the waters available under the tickets available at Colquhonnie  :z16

Dutchfly

« Reply #25 on: 09/12/2008 at 20:15 »
Thanks for this, guys.

It's final: 27 May 2009 there will be another Dutch Open on Haddo :grin and 28, 29 and 30 May 2009 we'll fish the Colquhonnie House waters on The Don. Looking forward to it :z4 :z4 :z4

CU

Jeroen

Mike Barrio

« Reply #26 on: 10/12/2008 at 00:39 »
Thanks for this, guys.

It's final: 27 May 2009 there will be another Dutch Open on Haddo :grin and 28, 29 and 30 May 2009 we'll fish the Colquhonnie House waters on The Don. Looking forward to it :z4 :z4 :z4

CU

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen

It will be great to see you again :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Livingstone

« Reply #27 on: 10/12/2008 at 17:30 »
Hey Mike,

Glad to hear I am missed!  Yeah, I am missing Haddo right now - cold weather fishing, coffee and a natter in the fishing hut!

Anyway, plans for 2009 are:

More fishing in Norway
Heather is talking about taking me to Poland for a bit of grayling fishing
The 'boo day at Haddo
More fishing in Norway and even more fishing in Norway

Mike Barrio

« Reply #28 on: 16/12/2008 at 18:13 »

The 'boo day at Haddo

Hi Mike :z16

Guess it would be a good idea for you to tell me when to hold the "Boo day" ....... on a day that you will be in Aberdeenshire :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Livingstone

« Reply #29 on: 16/12/2008 at 20:51 »
Mike,

I'll have to let you know a bit later but I'll give you plenty notice!  I'll try to arrange to reunite some of the 'boos for the day.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com