Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Out of Town
« on: 13/11/2008 at 18:05 »
For those of a certain age such as myself , a programme that is often fondly remembered is "Out of Town" presented by the late Jack Hragreaves.
The topics were usually about country pusruits including fishing , if any one is looking for a bit of nostalgia, they are selling boxes set in a falling auction on bid TV. Just type in Out of Town in the search bar.

http://www.bid.tv/ProductDescriptionPage.aspx?Id=2731328&Cat=11&Sub=31&Type=Categories

:z18

Jim 

Iain Goolager

Re: Out of Town
« Reply #1 on: 13/11/2008 at 20:48 »
Hi Jim,

I must be in that age bracket! I mentioned in a post ages ago one episode that sticks in my mind saw him fishing for Perch on a float fishing outfit he 'fashioned' from a branch, reed, etc - mesmerising for a young boy!

I see the auction has finished, any idea what the sets finally went for?

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 13/11/2008 at 21:05 »
Iain

There are two ways to bid in a faling auction , you bid and you get it for the lowest price it falls to before they run out or you put in a price you want to pay and if it falls that low you get it for that price.

Here is another set http://www.bid.tv/ProductDescriptionPage.aspx?Id=2735317&Cat=11&Sub=31&Type=Categories

Cheers

Jim

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 13/11/2008 at 21:17 »
Iain

There were 3 lots of the same set closed today , ranging from £14 to £19 for the set plus P & P

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 14/11/2008 at 08:25 »
I used to LOVE that programme!!!! I vividly remember the one where he shows you how to tie a dry Mayfly and then catch some lovely Brownies on a beautiful river.

Wish they would bring it back!

Paul Rankine

« Reply #5 on: 14/11/2008 at 13:06 »
Hi All,
         Yep, it,s a shame they don't make them like that anymore .
Paul.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com