Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kevin Moss

Re: coarse fishing comp
« Reply #15 on: 08/12/2008 at 18:23 »
Hi Cost for fishing on the coarse loch is £7 with an extra rod costing £3.Lochs are free of ice and Andy Taylor enjoyed his day today on the coarse loch with some nice carp,(pictures are on website).
As for carp on the fly its no problem but I draw the line at feeding the water with doggie biscuits.Fly fish for them is not a problem and in the hot weather good fun.
Competition starts at 9am sunday 14th and should be very good.Its a very new thing up here but im just happy the water gets used,not for me myself but for those who enjoy it Im pleased they have somewhere as it is not a money spinner  con job to make a fortune.there is a couple of places left for the compy so if anyone is interested contact us soon.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #16 on: 20/12/2008 at 23:41 »
Hi Kevin :z16
How did the coarse fishing competition go :?

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #17 on: 22/12/2008 at 12:50 »
Hi Kevin :z16
How did the coarse fishing competition go :?

Best wishes
Mike

If Brown Trout counted i would have won!...13 in total! A few bream where taken and the odd carp lost but it was a very very cold day indeed with a strong easterly wind. The fact anything was caught in those conditions was a miricle in itself! Unfortuantly none of the favoured "hot pegs" were drawn and i ended up down the "shallow" end with little hope of getting a carp..but the trout are fun on a 12 metre pole!!

Will be back once the pool is openned up and the air temp starts to warm :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com