Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kevin Moss

coarse fishing comp
« on: 12/11/2008 at 17:03 »
Mike Hope you dont mind,but I know some enjoy coarse fishing.We intend holding our first coarse fishing comp on the 14th Dec 08 at the fishery.All cash prizes.It is open to dedicated coarse anglers only,ie bubble floats not allowed.anyone interested can contact the fishery for details.Places will be limited to approx 14 .

I hope you dont mind me putting this on.
following week is our christmas compy 21st Dec on the fly lochs .

Mike Barrio

Re: coarse fishing comp
« Reply #1 on: 12/11/2008 at 17:08 »
Hi Kevin :z16

Of course I don't mind :z7

There are quite a few anglers on here that enjoy a spot of coarse fishing. But I'll move the post to the main discussion forum, instead of fishing reports.

Best wishes
Mike

Kevin Moss

« Reply #2 on: 12/11/2008 at 17:11 »
thanks for that mike appreciate it ,I hope it goes well as I want to make it a regular thing and I know there are some good fish there. Now that the new management have settled it will be a new comp for the fishery. thanks again
kevin

clark

« Reply #3 on: 12/11/2008 at 17:36 »
Which fishery are we talkin aboot ere ???

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 12/11/2008 at 17:47 »
........ Kevin is based at the Glen of Rothes Fishery

Best wishes
Mike

Paul Rankine

« Reply #5 on: 13/11/2008 at 12:52 »
Hi Kevin,
            Most interested , (like others on here   :wink ), in a bit of coarse fishing. (Maybe not the competition).  By way of an advert (if Mike doesn't mind ) what kind of coarse fish have you got at Rothes , (I,m a perch boy but I know you have 30 pound carp eg ) , what other specimens do you have and what's the set up . Can anyone just turn up or do you have to book . What size is the coarse fish bitty . Would you allow fly fishing ? Do you sell bait . etc.
Cheers, 

:grin

Paul.

Kevin Moss

« Reply #6 on: 13/11/2008 at 17:35 »
Hi Paul
the fish we have are ,common carp,mirror carp, golden orfe,bream and tench and eels which are quite big.we have just taken in another load of coarse fish which will make it alot better.The loch itself is completely seperate and is about an acre in size.If there is no compy on you can just turn up and fish.We only allow peopel with a bit of knowledge of coarse fishing on it and its not like the bait loch where its bubble float.keep nets are allowed and as long as the fish are treated properly and returned thats all we ask.If you want to fly fish for them there is some in the fly lochs also and have been caught on the fly aswell.but the coarse loch is purely for coarse anglers.The fish we have just got in are a very good size for the compy so it should make it interesting.hope this answers your questions any others just let me know.

Paul Rankine

« Reply #7 on: 14/11/2008 at 13:04 »
Thanks for that Kevin.

Looks like a good opportunity for folk to add to their species list . Does your new stocking include some stripey things with spiky dorsals and redfins ?  :grin

Cheers,

Paul.

Kevin Moss

« Reply #8 on: 14/11/2008 at 17:54 »
hi Paul
no sorry,but with plenty of bream and carp upto double figures

Paul Rankine

« Reply #9 on: 17/11/2008 at 13:26 »
Hi Kevin,
             Thanks. Now where's that swimfeeder ? ....

Paul.

clark

« Reply #10 on: 17/11/2008 at 13:42 »
Hey kevin i would also be interested in this comp but i have very limited knowledge of coarse angling and dont have any of the gear unfortunately but i am sure i could get some :z16

calum

Kevin Moss

« Reply #11 on: 19/11/2008 at 22:18 »
Just put some pictures up on the website for those interested in coarse fishing of some fine specimens of Common,mirror,some ghosties,bream and tench into double figures.Names are now starting to filter in for the competition on 14th dec.Anyone interested can contact me on 07967 466973 to put names down .Should be quite enjoyable for those into their coarse fishing.You do need proper coarse takle to fish this loch and if a beginner, must be accompanied by a coarse angler who can take responsibility for the protection of the fish.

Fisher

« Reply #12 on: 28/11/2008 at 09:16 »
Is there a big demand for coarse fishing in this part of the country? Just interested to know how many anglers you get coarse fishing each day on average.

Also what does it cost for a days fishing?

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #13 on: 28/11/2008 at 10:39 »
Fisher, there is a growing demand.

Trouble is, folk move to the area thinking there is no fishing available so sell there gear off. I did the same! The club I used to run numberd 72 in the Aberdeenshire area, and that was a club with no water! I am sure if we had had our own we would have had more. I am thinking of restarting it (and getting help this time!) as i get 1 or two enquireis a week consistantly through the year.  :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 08/12/2008 at 17:15 »
Hi Kevin :z16

Would tactics like this be considered OK at the Glen?

Cheers
Mike

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hO80SCAXpDQ&eurl=http://www.visionflyfishing.co.uk/carp-on-fly.html

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com