Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Paul Rankine

Hamish ,
           I,ve now got the waders (and the new Klobba Bearskin wading jacket). Not got them wet yet but the quality of the material and stitching etc belies their £100 RRP. I bought the Medium size which is in fact quite generous but the adjustments on the shoulder straps and side belts allow a bit of take up so I don't look like a deflated balloon , no comments please .  :z4

I note that they do make them in XXL  ,or even  XXXL(?!) and at £49 a pop definitely worth a serious look.
Intend to give them a Dee or Don (!) wetting tomorrow.

If they perform as well as I think I might even buy another pair at that price.

Looks like the weather tomorrow will give them something to think about !

I'll let you know ,

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul Rankine

Re: Klobba Breathable Chest waders and Wading Jacket
« Reply #1 on: 07/10/2008 at 12:34 »
Hi All,
         Well , I gave the Jacket and Waders a good Klobbering last saturday.

Whit a day !!!

At one point I had to come out of the river and shelter on the bank . Rain blasted by the wind provided a stern test all morning and early forenoon .

So was I dry ? Well , remarkably for me (note Peter !) the answer was yes.

In fact the Bearskin jacket was almost too warm as I also had my ORVIS fleece on as well. warm as toast I was. And no leaks in the jacket . Highly recommended.

Although I had forgotten my thermal bootees I did wear a pair of thermal trousers underneath .
My feet therefore got pretty cold at times in the river ,(my fault), but the waders again could not be faulted . Warm and dry as it says on the tin.

I,m away to get another pair. Mind you they are brand new  so we'll see how they wear in time.

Paul.

Jim Eddie

Re: Klobba Breathable Chest waders and Wading Jacket New
« Reply #2 on: 07/10/2008 at 12:49 »
Glad to hear that Paul , Aye you could not have picked a better day than Saturday to give them a test.
Its the fisrt time I missed a days fishing and looked out of the office window and thought , maybe I'm as well in here  :z4

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com