Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Re: Orvis Event at Banchory on October 11th
« Reply #15 on: 11/10/2008 at 18:39 »
Just wanted to say thanks to Ben for the shot of the Helios and selling me yet another reel...but at a fantastic discount :)...and to Hamish, Magnus and Iain for the blether and threats about the Outcast day ;) and to Davy for the Balvenie!!

Unfortuantly I may have spent £80.,..but Cass spent well over £200!!! An expensive few hours!!!

but thanks again for everyones time!

Hamish Young

« Reply #16 on: 12/10/2008 at 10:34 »
It was an interesting day, nice to see a lot of forum regulars there and have a catch up  :z16

:z3

Hamish Young

« Reply #17 on: 12/10/2008 at 10:36 »
...and to Hamish, Magnus and Iain for the blether and threats about the Outcast day ;)

That was just intimidation Rob..... now if it's threats you're interested in  :lol
Just come along on the day, it'll be grand  :cool:

Ben Dixon

« Reply #18 on: 12/10/2008 at 11:11 »
Thanks to all who came yesterday and supported the store event, I think a good day was had by all and that was down to those who attended.  I will be running flytying classes at the store during November, probably on a Wednesday evening and all will be welcome (even Magnus) I will get some details out closer to the time.

Cheers

Ben

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #19 on: 12/10/2008 at 11:20 »
I will be running flytying classes at the store during November,

Cant wait for that one..will be interesting indeed!

Ben Dixon

« Reply #20 on: 12/10/2008 at 11:22 »
Rob,

Did I mention yesterday that you are the "victim" for the pike fly evening  :grin

Ben

Hamish Young

« Reply #21 on: 12/10/2008 at 11:23 »
Some pics from the day:

Peter & Magnus:

Peter, Magnus & Kevin:

Ben playing (I mean demonstrating  :wink) in the park:

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #22 on: 12/10/2008 at 16:19 »
Rob,

Did I mention yesterday that you are the "victim" for the pike fly evening  :grin

Ben

Not sure if that means you want me to tie some flies or I am going to be treated like a Pike caught on the Dee and get dragged up the banks, stabbed through the back of the head and thrown in the bushes!... :z4

Hamish Young

« Reply #23 on: 12/10/2008 at 20:30 »
I suspect the former rather than the latter Rob  :z4

Moving away from all things devil fish -

What would be useful is a picture post from Kevin (what is your handle on here Kevin :?) in the fly tying section, a step by step guide to his approach to tying in/using deer hair as you demonstrated on Saturday would be most useful for us all I think :z17 :z16

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who saw the advantages of this method  :cool:

Give him a kick Peter :z17

Peter McCallum

« Reply #24 on: 12/10/2008 at 20:37 »
He's a watcher rather than poster Hamish, I've been trying to get him to post stuff for ages but the term procrastination just doesn't have enough time wasting to describe the bugger!!! :z4 :z4

Peter

I'll give it another go though.

Maybe I can persuade him to come along to the wednesday nights Bens hoping to have - they look interesting.

Hamish Young

« Reply #25 on: 12/10/2008 at 20:38 »
Good man  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com