Ok, then Rob,
                    your thread now.

Paul.

Mike Barrio

Re: New Breathable Chest waders
« Reply #31 on: 30/09/2008 at 22:40 »
Hi folks :cool:

This is always going to be an interesting thread :z4

I'm sure that you will remember me posting in the past that when I'm asked to suggest some good waders to buy ........ I can't :z6 because in my experience at the fishery, they all leak :z7

Some folk get lucky and get good ones ( that last and last ) from all of the brands, but I have yet to see a brand that doesn't produce a high percentage of leaking ones :z7

No, I don't think you'll be off the "Orvis Christmas card" list folks ....... because we do like their products and one thing that we all agree about on here is that the Orvis aftersales service is second to none! :wink

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Paul Rankine

« Reply #32 on: 01/10/2008 at 18:48 »
Hi Mike ,

the Orvis aftersales service is second to none!

Got to agree with that . In fact I would say also that their sales service is second to none.

I phoned in an order to their website a few years back which within minutes was relayed to their Edinburgh shop (since they did,nt have the rod in stock). Edinburgh did, phoned me back and I received it the next day !
Not bad .

:z4

Pity the tubing day conflicts.............
Paul.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #33 on: 01/10/2008 at 20:10 »
Went into Orvis, Banchory, asked about a 9 weight Power Matrix..."Yes Sir, we have two models, neither in stock here, but I will get both sent up and if you have a suitable reel and line you can have a cast of both before you decide, if you dont like either, then thats ok".

Went into a well known aberdeen shop, asked about a 10 weight Hardy Ad Swier Pike fly rod..."Ha, what do you want one of those for, fancy fly fishing for Pike, waste of time. Hope you kill them!"

Back to Banchory following weekend..."Glad you came in, we have the rods, and had a suitable reel and line sent with them for you to try, do you have time to try them out?..."

Needless to say I bought there and then...and then asked about the reel..."sorry sir, this is a demo reel, but we have in stock in black, you can take it now if you wish, BUT, I wouldn't do that just yet."  :z8 I looked confused.."come back next week if you can wait..I will give it to you at sale price!"....I saved £70 on the reel.

With Ben there now the service has gone up a notch..and thats saying something!! Already saved around £60 on two purchases!

Paul Rankine

« Reply #34 on: 01/10/2008 at 22:43 »
Yeah , Ok, Rob,
                       I think we've all got the message by now............

Hamish Young

« Reply #35 on: 01/10/2008 at 22:55 »
Let us know how you get on with the Klobba gear Paul, I've been tempted by their stuff before but ultimately put off due to my 'manly' frame not seeming to fit their sizes  :z10

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #36 on: 02/10/2008 at 08:31 »
Yeah , Ok, Rob,
                       I think we've all got the message by now............

Yet another wee dig...keep it up!  :mad

Paul Rankine

« Reply #37 on: 02/10/2008 at 12:22 »
Rob,
      Stop being a silly boy . Go and start your own thread on the Banchory shop, that is my point .
This is a thread about breathable waders as I,ve said before. Must listen more .

Hamish , I,ve now got the waders (and the new Klobba Bearskin wading jacket). Not got them wet yet but the quality of the material and stitching etc belies their £100 RRP. I note that they do make them in XXL  and at £49 a pop definitely worth a serious look. Intend to give them a Dee wetting so I'll let you know . If they perform as well as they look I might even buy another pair at that price. The jacket looks the business too but I should probably start another thread for that eh ?!  :z4

Paul.

Hamish Young

« Reply #38 on: 02/10/2008 at 12:31 »
I note that they do make them in XXL and at £49 a pop definitely worth a serious look.

As I continue to lose weight  :z16 might put in a request to Santa for a pair in XXL for Christmas  :cool:

Be good to hear how you get on with them, so please do keep us updated once you've had the opportunity to use them  :z17

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #39 on: 02/10/2008 at 18:09 »
Paul

I think he wants a Helios blank :wink

:z4 :z4 :z4

Sandy

Andy Wren

« Reply #40 on: 02/10/2008 at 18:13 »
OK I was wrong ,went into Dover St ,Charl the young tackle guy was there ,explained the leak and left somewhile later with an upgrade,
they look fine to me and have at long last  shifted the inside leg seam to the back of the wader ,more pockets than I know what to do with and sculptured neoprene feet which look good .
Heres hoping they last ,love the guarantee but would rather be dry .
Did I mention the very first ever breathables I had were Orvis and they did a good six years,did not feel justified in getting the guarantee (also not aware) but they slill have outings for bank fishing on wet cold days !

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #41 on: 03/10/2008 at 08:49 »
Rob,
      Stop being a silly boy . Go and start your own thread on the Banchory shop, that is my point .
This is a thread about breathable waders as I,ve said before. Must listen more .

Keep it up...you are spawning some very funny PM's  :z16

Paul Rankine

« Reply #42 on: 03/10/2008 at 12:52 »
Hi Rob,
          Likewise .
Paul.

Paul Rankine

« Reply #43 on: 03/10/2008 at 13:09 »
HI Sandy,

I think he wants a Helios blank

Yup, and an ORVIS reel, ORVIS line, ORVIS Waders (breathable of course), ORVIS Jacket ,in fact all things ORVIS , from where ? Well there is this ORVIS shop in Banchory ..........

:z2 :z2 :z2 :z2 Off to get my discount now  :z4 :z4 :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #44 on: 03/10/2008 at 13:35 »
:z14 If only I could get a discount too  ??? One rod, one reel and one chest pack..all bought with heavy discount...thats the sum total of my Orvis gear  :z8

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com