Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Anyone looking for a fishery ?
« on: 06/09/2008 at 16:08 »
Jim up at Braeside is getting on a bit , he also has Alzhiemers  :cry None of his family are interested in running the fishery.

So I think Jim might be open to offers to lease the fishery or to lease it to  a syndicate, There is a link to the fishery on this site.

Disadvantages of Braeside , its on the side of a hill (the clue is in the name) it has no shelter if its windy.

Advantages are that becuase of this I have never seen it frozen over , becuase the spring fed water is alaways relatively cool there is no big weed problem. The water quality is excellent it has good aquatic life , frogs, toads newts etc .

So if you are interested give Jim Hardy a call. http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/braeside-trout-fishery.html

:z18

Jim   

DruBuc

Re: Anyone looking for a fishery ?
« Reply #1 on: 13/09/2008 at 18:13 »
I have also heard that Pitfour fishery is up for sale as well

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 14/09/2008 at 18:05 »
All fisheries are for sale :wink

An offer of 30k+ would probably be enough to persuade me to pass on Haddo "as is", including all fittings, boats, fish stock etc etc :z7

Best wishes
Mike

« Reply #3 on: 14/09/2008 at 19:38 »
I have also heard that Pitfour fishery is up for sale as well
yeah the estate is for sale and it is hopped that we will be able to keep the lease with the new owners but in the meantime the fishery will run as normal

andrew

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 15/09/2008 at 07:32 »
All fisheries are for sale :wink

An offer of 30k+ would probably be enough to persuade me to pass on Haddo "as is", including all fittings, boats, fish stock etc etc :z7

Best wishes
Mike

Hmmmmmmm....where is my piggy bank.....

Dave Mundie

« Reply #5 on: 15/09/2008 at 19:08 »
I also heard a from a trusworthy friend that spoke to Donna from Mill of Elrick fisery/hatchery that it may be up for grabs soon apparently Donna and Dave have just about had enough of the long hours!

What do think Mike have they said anything to you?

Dave

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com