Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

jamajam

hardys rod
« on: 03/09/2008 at 20:14 »
hi, i am new to the site, i have a hardys " invincible fly " rod, it is 9' 6" long, and is rated at 7#, i know it was made in 1967 and is hollow glass, i wondered if anybody may know a approximate value, it does have some chips on it but is generally in good condition, it also has the original bag which is in good condition just a little grubby and faded, any info would be much appreciated, cheers.

Rob Brownfield

Re: hardys rod
« Reply #1 on: 04/09/2008 at 08:33 »
Wellllll, there are two sitting on E-bay..one at 99p the other at £2....    :oops :z6 :cry

Hardy Cane rods are sort after, the glass ones arn't...its as simple as that I am afraid.  :cry I could not find any for sale in any of the big second hand dealer websites, but you can get brand new Hardy Fibalite rods for £24, and I found a Hardy "Jet" 9 foot #6 " for £60. Described as "perfect condition" with bag and tube. I believe the Jet was in the same price range as the invincible.

Might be worth more in the US as they have a bit of a passion for glass rods for river fishing.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com