Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Esox by Fly

Pike Lochs in the Area
« on: 30/08/2008 at 14:19 »
Hi,

Can anyone tell me lochs that contain pike in the North East. I am a mad keen pike fly fisher.

Thanks.

Cameron deBoth

Re: Pike Lochs in the Area
« Reply #1 on: 30/08/2008 at 16:47 »
yea would be good to know also,

I believe Loch Kinord near Dinnet has pike, also the Aboyne one next to the golf course?

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 31/08/2008 at 09:58 »
For now these are the only two waters available on a day ticket. Skene is available on a season ticket but is a real dilema for Pike anglers because the rules state all fish under 6 pounds must be killed. Many of us have stopped fishing this water after run ins with the management over the pike killing issue.

There are a few others, BUT, i can't tell you..sorry..we have had too much hassle with rubbish, fish killing, poaching etc.

Worth noting though, some of us had permission to fish Loch Davan for a while. This permission has been removed due to the water once more comming under the control of SNH, and ALL angling is now banned. Many people will tell you to just go and fish it but you must not, no matter how tempting it is. It is regularly patrolled by the Police wildlife officer, keepers and myself and a few of the lads...and the Police are under instruction to arrest anyone found fishing...and they have.
PM sent ;p)

Esox by Fly

« Reply #3 on: 31/08/2008 at 21:13 »
Fair enough Rob, thanks anyway.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com