Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

fire/ vandalism at pitfour
« on: 25/07/2008 at 01:07 »
HI All

just incase it makes it to the papers in the next few days and people wounder if we are open i thought i would put up a bit here.

over the last 2 weeks a group of teenagers have decided that they want to make Pitfour there new play area particularly a swimming pool/place to throw things in and have on several occasions done minor damage including breaking a window in the old fishing hut by the temple bath, setting boats free etc but nothing to serious.

last night i had a call from a neighbouring farmer at 9 saying he had seen them on there way over so i hung on waiting to see what would happen on seeing them swimming again and climbing on scaffolding i called 999 at polices advice, they arrived and spoke to the three of them, 2 well known as trouble makers but as no damage was done at that time they were sent home soaking wet told not to come back again,

they had told the police they were doing nothing wrong thought it was ok to swim and mess about as long as not annoying fisherman and knew of non of the damage but gave names of who else had been around. all things fine they left followed by the police. then me at 11ish

at half eight this morning i arrived to discover they had been back overnight and broke more windows and set fire to the old work cabin trailer thing  that sat in the old car park and was used as a toilet/changing room and all that was left was the metal work from axels and some nails and a bit of aspestos. guess because it was fully wood and dry with a bit of rot it went quick, was no smouldering or anything.

Needless to say that the police were again called but the pc that came didi not even go and have a look, he was going to pass it on the the pc dealing with it when he is back on on monday so for now nothing is bein done :mad

As this has all happened over a few days we have removed anything of any value or flamable from the fishing hut  and other sheds huts etc and moved else were incase they come back again

so for the next few weeks till things (hopefully)settle down we wont have much in the hut, and if you want a engine when you come we would appriciate it if you call befor you arrive so we can make sure we have it ready for you, we have also taken all the hire tackle etc out so again a call befor you come would be appriciated. We will be able to get at all the shop stock as needed. will keep flies  in the car so will always be there.

hopefully this will be a passing thing and we will get back to normal soon

andrew and russ

Ross

Re: fire/ vandalism at pitfour
« Reply #1 on: 25/07/2008 at 07:56 »
Walk into Mintlaw, roughly anytime between 8/9ish tnite and you'll see EXACTLY who did it standing at the bus stop or wandering around. Failing that, I could find out and give you all the names :z4

Bunch of chav minks if you ask me! :z5

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 25/07/2008 at 08:36 »
Sorry to hear about that guys.

Indicative of todays society & the impotence of the 'powers that be'.

Personally I'd turn the country on its head as the human-rights, namby-pamby, softly-softly, pinko brigade have systematicaly undermined any form of authoritarian structure that ever existed.
Everyone has the freedom of choice............. you are either for or against a decent society - state your preference.
I'd also give the Police the power to 'Lamp a Chav' ..............I'm going to stop now as I feel a rant coming on and this is 'Fishing the Fly' not 'Right Hook the Ragamuffin'.

I sincerely hope this gets resovled soon.

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 25/07/2008 at 13:03 »
Rant on Iain

I'm sick of hearing all these stories on how Neds/ Chavs seem to have the full protection of the law, yet the decent law abiding citizens are ignored.

How many articles do you read in the press these days of householders trying to do something about the Neds/ Chavs and ending up being arrested for Kidnapping or assault.

Guy in my office in aberdeen had been petered for months, had phoned the Police on numerous occasions , they never turned up once, on evening he went out to remonstrate whith them , was immedietly surrounded by about 6 of them , he put both hands on the chest of the one who was in his face and pushed him away , the Neds then called the Police , who the arrived immediately and were going to charge him with assault, It was only becuase the youths partents did not want to procedd that the case was dropped.

It makes my blood boil  :mad

:z18

Jim     

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 25/07/2008 at 13:59 »
Sorry to hear that guys. Bang out of order! I hope it gets sorted soon and I hope the police take action.

Two of our lads had gear stolen from then down on Lanark Loch 2 weekends ago. Total of just under £1000 was taken, cops called etc etc. Cops gave them a bollocking for attempting to stop the thieves  :shock :shock :shock. As one of them said, if they had caught the scum they would have dealt there own justice!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com