Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Re: Loch of Lintrathen
« Reply #60 on: 04/09/2008 at 10:21 »
Ross

Daniel and I are going from Crichie, if you like we can pick you up in Mintlaw :z16
Easier for us to pick you up probably.

Sandy

Paul Rankine

« Reply #61 on: 04/09/2008 at 12:21 »
Hi Stuart,
              "does anyone know how the lock is fishing? " .

You need to have the key   :wink

Any "locals" help out here ? Peter ?

Mike , I have a drogue. who else ? and we can hopefully ensure everyone has , so that it will be a day of flat calm and blazing sunshine ! :grin

paul.

Peter McCallum

« Reply #62 on: 04/09/2008 at 18:53 »

Any "locals" help out here ? Peter ?

Sorry Paul aint fished it in ages, but there should be plenty water so round the edges may be good, the Rhodies are usually worth a chuck - maybe even the little loch ???

Paul Rankine

« Reply #63 on: 04/09/2008 at 21:59 »
Hi Pete,
           It's a wee while since I fished there too . :roll

Stuart  , I guess it's a case of suck it and see how it is on the day.

I suppose that it's like most big places it's big enough that nowhere is "off" all of the time ,so , and I lke this , you just have to watch , read the conditions , ring the changes , etc. etc.   and keep trying .

Cue , Paul's blank ........... :oops

Hope not though !

Looking forward to see you there Pete .

Paul.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #64 on: 04/09/2008 at 22:18 »
Have they got a website? ....... Can't see one on google :z6

Mind you, google can get a bit "fuzzy" without me glasses :z4

Cheers
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #65 on: 05/09/2008 at 05:46 »
The only thing I can find is the link I posted previously in this thread, which surprises me really as it's a good venue and I'd have thought it warranted a better webpage :?

What it will be like later this month I can only speculate but my last couple of outings have shown that 'loch style' with conventional loch patterns is the way to go - which is nice :cool: However that could change and it's nice to have to chop and change tactics/depths/think about things to get results  :cool:

There are substantial shallows throughout the loch so fish can be caught all over :z16 Let's wait and see what we get on the day :z3

Noel Kelly

« Reply #66 on: 05/09/2008 at 07:53 »
After much juggling of commitments i still cant say i will definately be able to make it so best count me out :cry
Noel.

Hamish Young

« Reply #67 on: 05/09/2008 at 09:47 »
OK - so I will be calling them later today..... the list is going to be:

Mike B
Hamish
Spiderman & 'little me'
Jedi
GRHE
Soundmixer
Moffty
Rabbitangler
Bri
Pbibio
Kev Muir
Ben Dixon
Baz
Ross

Ideally we need just one more to make 8 boats..... anyone :?

Hamish Young

« Reply #68 on: 05/09/2008 at 14:26 »
Seven boats have now been booked for the 20th  :z3

I don't believe we will have any difficulty in getting another boat if needed :wink

Start time is officially 10am, but if we can all meet at the carpark by 09:30 then we can get going sharpish like :z16

I'm looking forward to this  :cool:

Jim Eddie

« Reply #69 on: 05/09/2008 at 14:35 »
Here is the latest report from the Brechin Anglling Club last Saturday , no doubt we won't get these conditions  :wink

"Brechin Angling Club held its 125 competition on Lintrathen Loch on Saturday evening and seldom in recent times has so much pleasure been enjoyed on a club outing.
They arrived to find light cloud and light winds casting a perfect ripple over the loch and Laurencekirk Angling Club members coming off the water with tales of limit bags and free-rising fish.
This was just how we found it and there seemed to be no particular fly which was doing the business and indeed everyone seemed to have done well on their own favourites.
Winner with a limit bag of six fish was Ron Gray who also had the best fish of the competition at just over five pounds.
I myself got a lesson from last year's winner, Ken Craig, who also had his limit crowned with a very good trout of just over three pounds.
Ken was fishing with his favourite fly, the Sweeney Todd, which took four of his fish, the final two on the Kingennie Green Pea, My success was on the Diawl Bach size 12.
It is good to see Lintrathen fishing so well, but there is a certain sadness to note just how few Brownies were weighed in.
It was such a delightful brown trout fishery, but such are the demands of the present day angler that they demand more and larger fish and therefore the rainbow is back in town, or should I say Lintrathen but I guess I still have Loch Lee.
One criticism… Lintrathen Angling Club – you need to do something about the condition of your boats and motors.
Your charges are high and surely some money needs spent on the comfort of your customers, I heard many a criticism over the evening and apparently this is the opinion of many of my fellow anglers. Over to you."

:z18

Jim

Paul Rankine

« Reply #70 on: 05/09/2008 at 21:11 »
Cheers Jim,
                 "the Sweeney Todd, which took four of his fish, the final two on the Kingennie Green Pea"

Looks like we'll have to go traditional then !  :wink

Paul.

Hamish Young

« Reply #71 on: 06/09/2008 at 17:43 »
One minor revision, Moffty has had to cancel  :roll
So we are at 7 boats, which is handy as that's what I booked  :wink

Hamish  :z3

Mike B
Hamish
Spiderman & 'little me'
Jedi
GRHE
Soundmixer
Rabbitangler
Bri
Pbibio
Kev Muir
Ben Dixon
Baz
Ross

Barry Robertson

« Reply #72 on: 06/09/2008 at 18:45 »
What are the boat pairings looking like Hamish?

Hamish Young

« Reply #73 on: 06/09/2008 at 19:46 »
To be confirmed - if those who know what they're doing with a boat and outboard would like to put their names up that would make pairing off nice and easy :?

Iain Goolager

« Reply #74 on: 07/09/2008 at 14:07 »
If anyone requires to borrow a drogue for the day then give me a shout.

It's a wychwood drogue that has yet to be used so there is no swivel/ clip on it at present but that can be easily remedied.

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com