Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Loch Park
« on: 23/04/2008 at 20:31 »
I fished Loch Park on Monday with Henry and Paul from the forum. Its a bonnie Loch and holds some crackng Brownie's.  It was one of those days for me with just one fish. Henry had a cracking day with around 14 though. Paul and I were fishing floaters and Henry fished a sink tip, not sure if this was the difference  :z6

We were fishing from float tubes and despite not catching much I enjoyed the day , its in a steep valley very quiet and secluded, the one problem though is the weeds, I would say even at this time of year only 10% of the loch is fishable , I would not like to see it in july.

The down side is that they are not making much money from the fishing at present and are thinking of stocking it with Rainbows, now anyone who knows me know I enjoy fishing for Rainbow's, however there is a distinct shorage of Lochs in aberdeenshire where you can fish for wild Browns. I think it would be a real shame if Park did stock with Rainbows.

http://www.lochpark.co.uk/picture-gallery.asp

:z18

Jim   

Mike Barrio

Re: Loch Park
« Reply #1 on: 23/04/2008 at 21:24 »
I fished Loch Park on Monday with Henry and Paul from the forum. Its a bonnie Loch and holds some crackng Brownie's.  It was one of those days for me with just one fish. Henry had a cracking day with around 14 though. Paul and I were fishing floaters and Henry fished a sink tip, not sure if this was the difference  :z6

We were fishing from float tubes and despite not catching much I enjoyed the day , its in a steep valley very quiet and secluded, the one problem though is the weeds, I would say even at this time of year only 10% of the loch is fishable , I would not like to see it in july.

The down side is that they are not making much money from the fishing at present and are thinking of stocking it with Rainbows, now anyone who knows me know I enjoy fishing for Rainbow's, however there is a distinct shorage of Lochs in aberdeenshire where you can fish for wild Browns. I think it would be a real shame if Park did stock with Rainbows.

http://www.lochpark.co.uk/picture-gallery.asp

Jim   

Hi Jim ........ Good post :z16

I haven't fished it for a good number of years now, but I can still remember how pretty the loch is and what a grand place for float tubing it would be :wink

Stocking will IMHO make the situation a lot worse, personally I would have a very different approach there :z3

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 24/04/2008 at 18:08 »
If it was me the first thing I would do is clear the weeds, big job, but they spend no money on stocking as its a self sustaining wild population.

Because only 10% is fishable , they only have 2 boats , clear the weeds and you could easily put on another 6.

Promote float tubing, its an ideal tubing Loch. 

Promote the fact its fantastic wild Brown Trout fishing with an average size of around the 1LB mark with some  with some real big ones as well.

Job done  :cool:

Jim 

Dave Mundie

« Reply #3 on: 24/04/2008 at 20:20 »
Never knew of that one is there any others in the area?

Dave

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 24/04/2008 at 21:35 »
If it was me the first thing I would do is clear the weeds, big job, but they spend no money on stocking as its a self sustaining wild population.

Because only 10% is fishable , they only have 2 boats , clear the weeds and you could easily put on another 6.

Promote float tubing, its an ideal tubing Loch. 

Promote the fact its fantastic wild Brown Trout fishing with an average size of around the 1LB mark with some  with some real big ones as well.

Job done  :cool:

Jim 

That is more or less spot on ..... good plan Jim :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com